Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldnt mind if he went somewhere like rangers were he is exposed to intense football.  Othwrwise championship.

It seems to me that archer is going to be kept and given a chance like duran was.

Have to say i wasnt overly impressed with duran. In the limited minutes archer got i was more impressed.

I dont want to bw too harsh as its a massive movw from MLS to PL

Agreed. I think he's got loads of potential, and I think a Championship loan gives him both the level of competitiveness he'll benefit from, and also help his transition from US football to English football. Its a learning curve.

Looking at his (now deleted) tweet though, it does seem to suggest a plane was involved in any potential loan. Expect it will get announced soon if he hasn't made the US tour though

I think it's very strange he hasn't been taken.

Emery basically saying there's no chance he's of use to me up to January. When we've got no forwards and loads of games. And we signed him for £13m(?).

Not good IMO.

Chelsea have done this sort of thing for years. He's a prospect for the future, rather than one for now. I expect him to be loaned out to a club (at home or abroad) with a view to getting plenty of first team starts this season and coming back to us in a year's time, ready to make a difference to our squad options, in the way that Archer has. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think it's very strange he hasn't been taken.

Emery basically saying there's no chance he's of use to me up to January. When we've got no forwards and loads of games. And we signed him for £13m(?).

Not good IMO.

Emery is saying nothing. He's injured.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Chelsea have done this sort of thing for years. He's a prospect for the future, rather than one for now. I expect him to be loaned out to a club (at home or abroad) with a view to getting plenty of first team starts this season and coming back to us in a year's time, ready to make a difference to our squad options, in the way that Archer has. 

That's my take on the situation too.

• Like 1

Didn't he delete a post with some cryptic clue and a white circle in it suggesting he was going to a club that plays in white?

Can't see Valencia being him but could be there....

14 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I'll guess Valencia. 

It is NOT true that 𝐉𝐡𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐚 ́ 𝐧 (19) is going to sign with #Espanyol #ESP  , the player is in Barcelona on vacation.

🔙 He will join the squad of #AstonVilla when they return from the tour for #USA 
Unai Emery wants to have him for this season.

10 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

It is NOT true that 𝐉𝐡𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐚 ́ 𝐧 (19) is going to sign with #Espanyol #ESP  , the player is in Barcelona on vacation.

🔙 He will join the squad of #AstonVilla when they return from the tour for #USA 
Unai Emery wants to have him for this season.

That's just not realistic. Why would he be given additional time off when he wasn't involved in international duty? Why would Emery not want him in the pre season tour if he's in his plans for the season. 

Sounds like pollocks to me. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That's just not realistic. Why would he be given additional time off when he wasn't involved in international duty? Why would Emery not want him in the pre season tour if he's in his plans for the season. 

Sounds like pollocks to me. 

Who knows but I know he is nursing an injury, but it seemed to me that he was going on loan at some point. Unless he’s been allowed to have extra time off before starting his rehab phase at the club

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Who knows but I know he is nursing an injury, but it seemed to me that he was going on loan at some point. Unless he’s been allowed to have extra time off before starting his rehab phase at the club

How do you know he's injured? Dont think I've seen that anywhere legit?

• Like 1

Jhon Jader Durán will report to work with Aston Villa on August 1st.

His environment denies ongoing negotiations with Espanyol and with any other team for a loan.

Not sure what the environment bit means.

Edited by markc

4 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Duran was in the Matty Cash video he's already back. He's seen getting treatment on the physio table while Cash is getting a sports massage. 

So i Imagine he is injured. 

There's varying types of treatment you can get on a physio table (don't Kenneth me), but how obvious was it that it was genuine injury?

Â