Pre Match Thread

MrBlack

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

How come no one has mentioned the relative weakness of the bench? Would love to see Kadan Young get minutes today after signing his contract.

I haven't seen anyone say anything about the bench yet, but Sanson, Donk, Chambers and Coutinho aren't that bad options are they?

• Like 2

Derbies and our record against Wolves being what they are, this is the first league game of Emery's reign where we're meant to be actually strong favourites to win. Southampton looked quite composed and well organised against Everton considering their position though, and Ward Prowse looks like he's up for it in a more advanced role at the moment

Shitting it! Hope Watkins isn't having a frustrating off day after 70 minutes with the usual switch now off the table

Interested to see A Moreno get a full run out though, his contributions after he settled in a bit against Leeds were enjoyable

32 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

The disturbing weakness of our bench further illiterates how bizarre selling Ings was. Am I right? 

Kind of.

I would say getting £15m for a 30yr old that isn’t being used much and on a huge wage was good business, even if it means no striker on the bench for this one game

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

Kind of.

I would say getting £15m for a 30yr old that isn’t being used much and on a huge wage was good business, even if it means no striker on the bench for this one game

Whilst I agree, I think we need to get rid of this misconception that 30 is ‘old’. Look at Giroud and Dzeko… banging them in at 36.

Anyway… I trust the process and ‘mon the lads!

Edited by MCU

Should have enough and more to win this. Soton might have a little feel good factor after last game against Everton, but if we can get a quick goal they should be back to "oh shit" mode and we got this. Let's charge them!