VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

Leroy Cooper has passed away aged 62.

I realise this will mean absolutely zilch to anyone here but it was Cooper's arrest that was the spark to the 1981 Toxteth Riots.

After that arrest, he became a photographer and over the years has documented life and the changes that have taken place in Toxteth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Superstar Billy Graham

Gone at 79.

The only reason I know who Billy Graham is, is because he once held an event at Villa Park.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

The only reason I know who Billy Graham is, is because he once held an event at Villa Park.

Different one. The god bothering clearing in the woods has been dead for 5 years. This one was a wrestler who became the prototype of the 'superstar' wrestler. Hulk Hogan being the most obvious who owes him a debt.

Just now, Chindie said:

Different one. The god bothering clearing in the woods has been dead for 5 years. This one was a wrestler who became the prototype of the 'superstar' wrestler. Hulk Hogan being the most obvious who owes him a debt.

Ah, that would explain why I have no idea who he is then and first thought of the other one.

I mean, I am not remotely religious and blame it front and centre for a lot of the worlds ills, but I would still rather watch a god botherer than a **** "wrestling" match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Surprised he lasted as long as he did, he was heavily on steroids for a long time. Along with Hogan, also Ric Flair, Dusty, and Jesse Ventura always said they were influenced by him too. What a legacy.

Not too many of those 70's superstars left now.

Edited by Jonesy7211
Poor speeling
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Surprised he lasted as long as he did, he was heavily on steroids for a long time. Along with Hogan, also Ric Flair, Dusty, and Jesse Ventura always said they were influenced by him too. What a legacy.

Not too many of those 70's superstars left now.

It does appear he spent the last 20 years slowly having bits of his body keel over but there's not many wrestlers that make it to 80.

• Like 1

Sorry to go off topic but I don't get why people poke fun at people who like wrestling. Yes, we know it's scripted and badly acted. But it is just harmless fun.

It's no more fake than movies, TV, or books. Do you assume people who watch the walking dead think zombies are real?

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Sorry to go off topic but I don't get why people poke fun at people who like wrestling. Yes, we know it's scripted and badly acted. But it is just harmless fun.

It's no more fake than movies, TV, or books. Do you assume people who watch the walking dead think zombies are real?

Because it's gone to shit

If you said you used to watch wrestling in the 00s "when we were kids" which actually means when most of us were in our 20s...then yeah there's some good chats to have but if you say you watch it now it's not because I think you're immature or stupid it's more because the quality of it is so bad now

Its like saying you still watch the walking dead, why? It's gone terrible

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because it's gone to shit

If you said you used to watch wrestling in the 00s "when we were kids" which actually means when most of us were in our 20s...then yeah there's some good chats to have but if you say you watch it now it's not because I think you're immature or stupid it's more because the quality of it is so bad now

Its like saying you still watch the walking dead, why? It's gone terrible

I understand that point of view entirely, and I watch in the hope it can be good again, which it is from time to time. I also watch with my 11 year old boy as I remember the spectacle of seeing the undertaker debut when I was 9. It was incredible, and I hope for him to have a memory like that.

It's not that reasoning I disagree with, it's the childish sniggering I don't like.