Formula One - 2023

BOF

16 hours ago, Genie said:

One day there will be a pitstop in half a second, discuss.

No, because the FIA will step in (and have stepped in...) when pit crew safety becomes an issue. I think we're about as low as they'll ever allow it to get. Even if they have to manufacture an obstacle to faster pitstops, like more cumbersome equipment or an extra stage in getting the wheels on and off, that's what they'll do.

Aston Martin set for name change.

Aston Martin F1 team set for name change

MP9_7676.webp?v=1697101131

Aston Martin is set to change the name of its F1 team from next season.

The Silverstone-based outfit, currently branded as Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant F1 Team, will at least drop it's global technology services partner from title sponsorship.

Cognizant has been with Aston Martin since owner Lawrence Stroll rebadged the squad from Racing Point for the 2021 season and, at the Qatar Grand Prix, a strengthening of the relationship was announced with a joint effort across operational efficiency, diversity and inclusivity initiatives.

“Cognizant was Aston Martin’s first F1 title partner," said Stroll in a statement alongside the announcement.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

What's going on, it's qualifying but it's called Sprint......just stop F ing around

I’m not watching but just saw some notes on the BBC page about it.

“Sprint Shootout”, what TF is that about?

SQ2 under way. 

I’m very confused (probably would be less so if I was watching)

Andrea Kimi Antonelli has just skipped over F3 as a 17 year old and gone straight into F2, and into a Prema drive no less. Kid has a serious junior CV and is now effectively in one of the box seats for F1 promotion. He isn't 18 until next August.

51 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Has everyone given up watching?

Yep, gave up months ago. As an anyone other than Max fan this season has been an unbearable procession.

Edited by Straggler

14 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Has everyone given up watching?

We have , although always interested in the results just cannot keep watching the procession, hopefully nest season it will become competitive again 🤞

FWIW I thoroughly enjoyed that race. Plenty of drama albeit not for 1st, and then the restart. Lando was fantastic. Good race getting Lewis. There was always something to keep an eye on. I've not stopped watching 😁

Still watching every race here, have done since 2005 and will continue to do so. Formula one being interesting doesn’t solely rely on the winner and how close it is, that’s nothing new in F1. There are bigger problems at the minute, number one being how crap half the circuits are.