Formula One - 2023

BOF

A cracking 3 races for AlphaTauri recently. 16pts added to the 5 they had for the entirety of the rest of the season. 10th up to 8th and now they have Williams in their sights.

On 05/11/2023 at 21:57, Villatillidie95 said:

I'm off to Vegas next monday for the GP. It's the day after the fulham game and luckily whilst im over there im not going to miss any villa games. gonna wear my shirt on GP day and hopefully they show the england games in the sports bar at hotel. I really want it to be a competitive race, I don't want Red Bull to dominate. Looking forward to the entetainment that they have over the 3 days, and i have got tickets to see rod stewart at caesars palace which i can't wait for :P

im hoping i appear on tv during teds notebook after the race XD

That will be immense mate.

I'm not sure for the TV viewer it's going to be a particularly exciting race, given the circuit, but to be there in person for the spectacle of it will be incredible.

Have an awesome time

• Like 1

They're saying it might be the coldest race in F1 history, so, eh, wear the winter woollies maybe :D But it should be a fantastic experience :thumb:

• Like 1

Cheers all, im looking forward to it. The last time i was in vegas was november 2021 and i went for a tech conference there (AWS) and it was so so hot, i think at the time in the uk it was freezing and when i was dropped off to birmingham airport it was -10 and i had to walk through that stupid tunnel thing to get to the main terminal, my hand felt like it was going to fall off. and due to all the covid stuff i had to wear a mask all the way from birmingham to amsterdam and then from amsterdam to LAX and again from lax to harry reid vegas haha.

they also had the aircon on due to covid so it was freezing, anyways i ended up wearing this huge puffer coat style jacket and when i finally got to LAX i was standing outside the airport smoking in this huge jacket at what felt like 30+ degrees, i got funny looks 😂

Everything was a lot cheaper than i was expecting tbh, staying at the excalibur hotel for 10 nights, return flights including hotel stay for 10 nights is just under £2000 for 2 of us. obvs it can add up a bit over there and will need to get food and tip etc, but for the formula 1 it was $416 per ticket for 3 days general grandstand entry, for that you get all the qualifications and practices and then the race day itself. All of the entertainment is included too, they have kylie minogue, nile rogers etc, however i really wanted to go and see rod stewart so ended up paying $70 for decent seats at caesars which imo is very cheap to see a legend. Then there is that new MSG Sphere i want to check out for $45, then the aquarium/sea life centre thing, flamingo wildlife zone in the hotel is free. a few dj's i might check out there too, overall its surprising how affordable it is. However there is loads of fringe events going on where you can meet and greet the teams, that is way out of my league and i wont be doing any of that stuff, that is where the thing will add up, i imagine a lot of the high rollers will go to those and probably stay for the aws conference the weak after too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Cheers all, im looking forward to it. The last time i was in vegas was november 2021 and i went for a tech conference there (AWS) and it was so so hot, i think at the time in the uk it was freezing and when i was dropped off to birmingham airport it was -10 and i had to walk through that stupid tunnel thing to get to the main terminal, my hand felt like it was going to fall off. and due to all the covid stuff i had to wear a mask all the way from birmingham to amsterdam and then from amsterdam to LAX and again from lax to harry reid vegas haha.

they also had the aircon on due to covid so it was freezing, anyways i ended up wearing this huge puffer coat style jacket and when i finally got to LAX i was standing outside the airport smoking in this huge jacket at what felt like 30+ degrees, i got funny looks 😂

Everything was a lot cheaper than i was expecting tbh, staying at the excalibur hotel for 10 nights, return flights including hotel stay for 10 nights is just under £2000 for 2 of us. obvs it can add up a bit over there and will need to get food and tip etc, but for the formula 1 it was $416 per ticket for 3 days general grandstand entry, for that you get all the qualifications and practices and then the race day itself. All of the entertainment is included too, they have kylie minogue, nile rogers etc, however i really wanted to go and see rod stewart so ended up paying $70 for decent seats at caesars which imo is very cheap to see a legend. Then there is that new MSG Sphere i want to check out for $45, then the aquarium/sea life centre thing, flamingo wildlife zone in the hotel is free. a few dj's i might check out there too, overall its surprising how affordable it is. However there is loads of fringe events going on where you can meet and greet the teams, that is way out of my league and i wont be doing any of that stuff, that is where the thing will add up, i imagine a lot of the high rollers will go to those and probably stay for the aws conference the weak after too

Sounds amazing!

• Like 1

Upcoming Brawn documentry "The impossible Formula 1 Story" is going to be worth a watch for F1 fans, narrated by Keanu Reeves, who I actually met when I was at the Mercedes factory, huge F1 fan. Anyway, Ross Brawn is a bloody genius, up there with that wizard Adrian Newey. Apparently in the season his team won the Championship, due to budgets they only had 3 cars and not many spares, no spare chassis, so needed Barichello and Button to drive out of there skins, but never to have any big accidents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Coincidentally just seen this online

The track on the left is the old one used in 1981, 1982. The track on the right is what they will use next week. 

IMG-2714.jpg

Wow! They are almost identical.

• Haha 4

pg%20unleashed%20rx-78-2%20gundam%20%20F

They've even made a special edition model. The PG Unleashed RX-78-2 looks good in AlphaTauri colours and custom decals. Unfortunately it's a one off.

Bizarre. Though I guess AlphaTauri would take any money they can get and if Bandai want to cash in on them having a Japanese driver, everyone's a winner.

On 08/11/2023 at 18:32, Genie said:

Coincidentally just seen this online

The track on the left is the old one used in 1981, 1982. The track on the right is what they will use next week. 

IMG-2714.jpg

The layout for this season's seems quite dull. But not being in a car park is a big positive

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The layout for this season's seems quite dull. But not being in a car park is a big positive

Looks like lots of DRS overtakes will be on the cards

Edited by Genie