Formula One - 2023

BOF

Just watching Max’s pole lap, it’s incredible how good the cars are now. It looks effortless.

Back in the 90’s they were scissoring the steering just to go in a straight line. Now they could probably drink a coffee at the same time without spilling it.

Well, that's three titles for Verstappen. You have to wonder whats standing between him and his 4th title next year.... 

Piastri with a first "win" although I don't think it counts in the all-time list I'd assume? Really impressive drive and held his nerve. 

Biggest sprint takeaway was how shit the soft compound looked after 8 laps

Hamilton and Russell collide lap 1 and eliminate each other (Russell may continue?) Looked more Hamiltons fault to me but he's paid dearly for it

Feels like the Red Bull PR around Perez is starting to turn. I didn't think they would but maybe they do split after this season.

Couldn't really blame them because he has been horrendous lately.

32 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Feels like the Red Bull PR around Perez is starting to turn. I didn't think they would but maybe they do split after this season.

Couldn't really blame them because he has been horrendous lately.

Max will be gutted. I’m quite sure enjoyed having zero competition for wins. He might have to work a bit next year.

22 hours ago, Genie said:

Was the race as bad as 1 post suggests?

Wasn't as bad as some races. Sainz didn't start, Perez started from the pits and looked awful, Hamilton torpedoed himself out of the race first corner, Leclercs car looked like it had something wrong with it.... So there's 4 of the top 8 cars not influencing the race. The McLarens drove really strong races and couldn't be challenged as easily by Russell who would have been a non-factor if not for the safety car bunching the pack up meaning he could easily cut through the back markers and get in the top 6

The tyres situation meant everyone was pitting every 20 laps so overcuts and undercuts were limited. The circuit itself seems like a lot of overtaking is possible, to the point where 3 cars were abreast like about 12 times over the weekend.

So an interesting battle outside the good teams as Alfa in particular had a good race but a completely skippable race overall 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1