VT TV Series/Programme of the Year 2022

bickster

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Forgot about 12 Perfect Strangers on Amazon Prime. A very good limited series with a cracking cast and intriguing plot line.

I preferred Nine Perfect Strangers tbh 😋

• Haha 1

Sorry to go slightly OT folks, but there seems to be loads of love for Better Call Saul. I understand this is a kind of spin off of breaking bad? 

Is it something I can watch without having watched BB or does it lead on from it? 

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

Sorry to go slightly OT folks, but there seems to be loads of love for Better Call Saul. I understand this is a kind of spin off of breaking bad? 

Is it something I can watch without having watched BB or does it lead on from it? 

It’s not advisable to watch BCS without having seen Breaking Bad - you’d lose out on the character storylines that feature in BB and appear in BCS 

both are terrific viewing

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It’s not advisable to watch BCS without having seen Breaking Bad - you’d lose out on the character storylines that feature in BB and appear in BCS 

both are terrific viewing

Thanks mate 

On 03/12/2022 at 09:26, sne said:

Already forgotten most of what I've watched this year, as per tradition. But there is a few  I do remember liking.

• The Offer
  • The Bear
  • Severance
  • Pantheon
  • We Own This City

Both The Offer and The Bear are 9/10 for me and those don't happen every year.

Honorable mentions: Andor, The Peripheral, Black Bird, Under the Banner of Heaven and no doubt some others I've forgotten.

Absolutely loving The Bear only 10 minutes in

• Like 3

On 06/12/2022 at 12:15, av1 said:

I think everyone is missing the obvious-

FREAKING WATCH BREAKING BAD!!

Best TV show of all time, and it's not close.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Sounds to me more like someone needs to watch sopranos and the wire 😉

I've never had access to any channel/streaming service that has broadcast The Wire, unfortunately but I've got a mate who raves about it. The Sopranos I have seen some of, and it's great, but there are episodes of BB where I've had to phone up friends just to say 'What the F**k!'.

The Boys  Season 3 

what's' not to love about  someone asking their wife to have a threesome with an octopus and climbing inside a mans penis for sexual gratification 

Hopefully season 4 can get even more depraved :) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The Queen’s Funeral. 

It was a great show.  Would the pedophile get to wear his uniform?  Should Phillip and Holy have jumped the queue?  Was she really dead?  I also loved the ridiculous way the actor playing the Prime Minister kept changing. 

I was disappointed by the ending.  It was a bit predictable.  

Did you see the end of The Queue as well? What a ride.

• Like 1