VT TV Series/Programme of the Year 2022

bickster

44 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm gonna have to watch Andor aren't I? I'd kinda given up after Boba and Obi Wan (both had their moments but overall poor) but I've barely heard a bad word said about it.

Obi Wan was shite. Well, boring. Boba Fett wasn’t great, but watchable, while Mando is pretty good for what it is. 

Andor is in a different league entirely. Someone said it’s like HBO made Star Wars. It’s really just very good television. 

You’re gonna have to watch it, mate, yes 😅

8 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Obi Wan was shite. Well, boring. Boba Fett wasn’t great, but watchable, while Mando is pretty good for what it is. 

Andor is in a different league entirely. Someone said it’s like HBO made Star Wars. It’s really just very good television. 

Right. Its now next on my list :thumb:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, El Zen said:

I think mando, obi wan, BF all have great SW moments, they know it too, they build up for incredible 5 minute scenes that keep fans on board but then around those scenes it's usually badly written and a bit boring

Andor is a proper well written well thought out comprehensive 12 episodes of great TV

• Like 1

It’s Andor for me as well. Mainly because I’m a bit of an old school Star Wars geek and haven’t really enjoyed much Star Wars related stuff since the original three movies. However, I really liked Andor.

Special mention - I really have a soft spot and really enjoyed watching Stranger Things again this year. It’s my son’s favourite show but I like watching/talking to him about it. Great escapism and with that 80’s vibe and songs, it takes me back to my childhood.

The Peripheral, The Devil's Hour, House of the Dragon, The Lazarus project, 1899, Peacemaker, Black Bird, Dahmer and The thief his wife and the canoe are the only ones I can think of now that i really enjoed but overall I'd say Severance is my favourite out of the new TV series this year. Obviously BCS, Stranger things, The Boys, Ozark, Top Boy, Gangs of London and The umbrella academy were all great too

Edited by Bizzzle
Forgot a couple

Already forgotten most of what I've watched this year, as per tradition. But there is a few  I do remember liking.

• The Offer
  • The Bear
  • Severance
  • Pantheon
  • We Own This City

Both The Offer and The Bear are 9/10 for me and those don't happen every year.

Honorable mentions: Andor, The Peripheral, Black Bird, Under the Banner of Heaven and no doubt some others I've forgotten.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Already forgotten most of what I've watched this year, as per tradition. But there is a few  I do remember liking.

• The Offer
  • The Bear
  • Severance
  • Pantheon
  • We Own This City

Honorable mentions: Andor, The Peripheral, Black Bird, Under the Banner of Heaven and no doubt some others I've forgotten.

totally forgot about severance...that was brilliant

1 hour ago, sne said:

• The Offer
  • The Bear
  • Severance
  • Pantheon
  • We Own This City

Ah shit, totally forgot about The Bear. That was superb.

• Like 1

BCS

Taskmaster

Slow Horses

Barry

Ted Lasso

We Own This City

Derry Girls

Severance

Honourable mention for Two Doors Down which, even into its sixth series, is still excellent.  

Edited by choffer
Forgot one

Another big shout out for Andor, BCS, Stranger Things, Ozark which others have already mentioned. 

We've also really enjoyed the following

• Midnight Mass (watched this, this year but couldve been released in 2021 - still a cracking limited series)
  • Reacher - good mindless fun
  • Gomorrah - terrific ending to the whole series
  • Archive 81
  • Inventing Anna - surprised this wasn't mentioned more. Thought it was brilliant
  • Moon Knight
  • Yellowjackets - another dumb but fun series. 
  • Pistol
  • The English
  • The Bear

• Like 1