Weekends Football 4/6 November

andykeenan

32 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

95th minute penalty to the Champions, ‘checked’ by VAR as well. 

Bad angle. When I saw the replay on the live feed from the other angle, it looked like KDB was trying to do a turn but got a clear kick to the back of the Achilles, and that's why KDB he only went down "late"

12 minutes ago, a-k said:

Bad angle. When I saw the replay on the live feed from the other angle, it looked like KDB was trying to do a turn but got a clear kick to the back of the Achilles, and that's why KDB he only went down "late"

It's a great example of why players dive, no way he gets a penalty if he doesn't go down even though he was blatantly kicked by Robinson.

• Like 1

Brentford pen yesterday was shocking, VAR checked it and gave it for the faintest of touches. No way it bought the Forest striker down.

Then they showed the incident on the screens inside the stadium which made everyone furious. There’s a good reason why they don’t do that usually.

On the menu today:

Villa - Man Utd

FK Haugesund - Vålerenga

Real Betis - Sevilla

Two teams in bold have both potential and a tendency to make my life miserable. I’m in for a rough Sunday, ain’t I? 

The Seville Derby is very high on my bucket list (I don't really have a bucket list)

Hope Betis can beat Sevilla for once. Even when Betis are good and Sevilla not they still find ways to lose to them.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Brentford pen yesterday was shocking, VAR checked it and gave it for the faintest of touches. No way it bought the Forest striker down.

Then they showed the incident on the screens inside the stadium which made everyone furious. There’s a good reason why they don’t do that usually.

There are numerous penalties, probably 50%, where the contact should not be enough to bring the player down.

Henderson was foolish coming out like that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

The Seville Derby is very high on my bucket list (I don't really have a bucket list)

Hope Betis can beat Sevilla for once. Even when Betis are good and Sevilla not they still find ways to lose to them.

Yeah, it’s up there for sure. 

Without being too invested, I prefer Betis as well. Good luck, mate 🍻

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Penalty to Brentford on minor contact, none of 3 for Forest all with minor contact.

Penalty to Man City for a kick on De Bruyne.
No penalty for Forest for a kick on Dennis.

Its this consistency that VAR gives which is so good… 🤪

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Potter should have just stayed with Brighton and then replaced Southgate next summer.

FA wouldnt pay him what Chelsea are paying him and the FA wouldnt buy his release clause

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Chelsea look really, really bad, in all facets. 

They're lucky to be as high in the league as they are.

Very much a club in transition. What's worrying for them is Potter is constantly getting his tactics wrong from the start in big games. Reminds me of Moyes at Man. United.

Â