Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

When Twitter bought his company recently supposedly his payment was structured as a salary to him rather than a large payment up front. The balance of the payment would be due if he was laid off from Twitter. I presume this now means Twitter are contractually obligated to pay him the cost of a company buyout?

The penny seems to have dropped…

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd love to have listened to the absolute reaming he got from his lawyers before that climb down .

Lawyer: He’s got you by the balls I’m afraid Elon. You need to hope he’s a forgiving kind of person. 

11 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Or maybe it's just as simple as he feels like the "normal" people have turned against him and the only people that appreciate him are the hard right, and so he's absorbing their views as he falls into their orbit. 

Nail. Head. He's just whoring for likes. He thinks he's the world's greatest human so when people respond negatively he doesn't know what to do. The far right are stupid enough to believe his tripe so he churns it out to get his fix of likes.

• Like 1

It was only a matter of time

Meta, the parent firm of Facebook and Instagram, is working on a standalone, text-based social network app.

It could rival both Twitter and its decentralised competitor, Mastodon.

A spokesperson told the BBC: "We're exploring a standalone decentralized social network for sharing text updates. 

"We believe there's an opportunity for a separate space where creators and public figures can share timely updates about their interests."

Link

Oh dear. What's Elon been doing now? Something to do with Linekers son 

Edit. Clever headlining. Not Musks doing (other than him turning Twitter into an sewer) 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh dear. What's Elon been doing now? Something to do with Linekers son 

It seems to indicate that a user, not Musk sent Linekers Son an abusive message and Lineker asked Musk if it was acceptable.

Sky News

Gary Lineker has challenged Twitter boss Elon Musk over a threatening message sent to his son in the wake of the TV presenter's row with the BBC.

The Match Of The Day host - who was reinstated on Monday - tweeted a screenshot of a private message sent by a user describing his son, George, as a "mug" who needed to be "burned at the stake" for defending his father.

Lineker wrote with the image: "Is this acceptable @Twitter @elonmusk? And I don't mean the grammar."

• 3 weeks later...

Just clicked a link and it seems Musk has changed the logo of twitter from the bird to a shiba inu, normally linked to the doge meme. He is like a 12 year old **** about with their geocities site.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Just clicked a link and it seems Musk has changed the logo of twitter from the bird to a shiba inu, normally linked to the doge meme. He is like a 12 year old **** about with their geocities site.

He’s involved in some way with the Doge and/or shib crypto currencies and likes to drop hints and posts about them.

Probably printing his own money by pumping the value then selling.

My twitter feed has become boring to me. I follow 243 people, but my feed only shows me the same 20/30 people. I'm not getting any of the hard right nonsense, it just seems to be a loop of the same tweets as I scroll down. It has become boring to me. It used to be the second site I would visit after VT. Now I will maybe look once a day.

I did use Twitter as my up to the minute news source from people I trust. It was quite carefully curated. Now all I see are villa tweets and interesting engineering. Can't be arsed with it like this and I'm not going to try and curate it again.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Genie said:

He’s involved in some way with the Doge and/or shib crypto currencies and likes to drop hints and posts about them.

Probably printing his own money by pumping the value then selling.

He's involved in so much as he bought a lot of it. By putting a picture of the dog on twitter he increased its value by 25%. I'm sure there should be laws against such blatant price manipulation. It's embarrassing though, and it undermines the integrity of Twitter to a degree. It just makes it feel like his plaything, which maybe it is. But that's not very appealing when he's such a lame geek. 

• Like 2

Oh boy.

He's stripped the NYT account of their verification, and now slapped a 'US affiliated media' (reserved for actual propaganda outlets like Russia Today) on NPR. All because they reported something negative about him.

The worst thing here is that, the definition of state affiliated media literally gave NPR as an example (along with the BBC) of state linked media that aren't state affiliated as they have editorial independence. Overnight, NPR was removed from this definition.

Â