Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

I tried looking for the Emery/Smith Sky Sports interview but couldn't find it. Anyone found it?

Media doesn't play for me so let's just assume the summary was.

" Yeah , No , No .... Yeah it's good "

" Good afternoon, we are very demanding with our way "

etc

On a more serious note, apparently, he actually said thanks to Deano for all he'd done for the club and so on. Still haven't seen it myself though, as media won't play.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watched his pre match pre conference.

What I love about him when asked about being called Super Unai he says he doesnt look at the past just focus on today and the next day always moving forward always focused. Asked about AZ and how they are response is yes came here with Valcencia in 2012 and lost 😂

The man is so humble never talks about the wins always just focuses on moving forward but he always highlights the defeats and what needs improving. The mans elite

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I have been watching our team, for a long time, and seen all sorts of managers, come and go...and with that lots of contrasting styles to boot.

but I feel, I am being educated as a spectator, with this manager.

I think the Villa fan base think the same too.

I have never ever been so interested tactically. I am being schooled by Unai at 51 years old. I now look to see how space is opened up. And get excited by it as well.  My favourite comment from McGinn was that sometimes they can probably bore the pants off us fans" but when we go , we go " 

• Like 4

On 26/10/2023 at 07:02, phily85 said:

Watched his pre match pre conference.

What I love about him when asked about being called Super Unai he says he doesnt look at the past just focus on today and the next day always moving forward always focused. Asked about AZ and how they are response is yes came here with Valcencia in 2012 and lost 😂

The man is so humble never talks about the wins always just focuses on moving forward but he always highlights the defeats and what needs improving. The mans elite

He has Humility......Its more important, than many folk think.

but don't under estimate the power of it....It is strength personified.

He is never looking  for personal praise, always, getting satisfaction from improving others around him....always talking up others around him.

But don't be fooled, this man is on a mission, he has a steely interior and his determination to succeed will take us there.....He is supple on the outside, and rock like on the inside, some are the other way round, and it fails.

He doesn't suffer fools gladly, but he will turn them in to serious competitors, to meet his demands.

He is so fan base focused, he knows the influence that a fired up, partisan crowd, can have on a team, and nurtures it.

Maybe we don't do the Haka....but I would bet he puts, much emphasis on motivation and the will to win.

UE is Elite....because he knows all the ingredients that are necessary to be " Elite"

We are lucky.

ps The way he thanked Dean Smith, for his contribution to the journey, awesome......Top man.....both of them.

pps...I also think his gentlemanly manner in addressing the media and viewers with " Good Evening" is so moving, and unique, I LOVE IT......He really is such a nice and special guy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

It’s these straight passes through the middle of the pitch that get me going.  Just not something we’ve really seen done well at Villa in the past.  There are passages of play where we are making the game look easy.

Same here. It's so nice to watch the switch just flick on when someone plays those passes. It really is a testament to the quality of Unai's coaching. He has given these players confidence, the system and the training drills that allow them to learn. Pound for pound he must be the best all-round coach in the league (perhaps Europe?). 

• Like 1

There is not a single reason to doubt that he will not only achieve as much as he has at previous clubs, but most probably far more given his financial backing and complete control over the football at this club. We are still evolving, but it feels like we're speeding up. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm dumbfounded, this guys a football genius,  we are watching football history unfolding. With him in charge, anything and I mean anything is possible.

Enjoy it while it lasts, according to Arsenal fans second season syndrome is going to kick in any minute now 😂

• Haha 3

Â