Unai Emery

PeterSw

By appointing Unai (and fully supporting him), NSWE have given us the best possible chance of success…

We’ve just got to be patient and understanding (imagine where we’d be now without the injuries) … but if it doesn’t happen under Unai, I don’t think it ever will…

He’s done an incredible job so far but he’s only just getting started…

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's going to be tough as well.

The likes of Chelsea appear to be turning a corner, and they almost have too much talent to fail and/or stay shite. ( Include Man U etc )

So patience will definitely be needed, we are competing for limiting spots against some very strong clubs/teams.

Maybe it depends on what we want or where our expectations are as fans but we need to be fair and realistic… no doubt Unai is ambitious and, as he said, the dream is Champions League (aswell as trophies) but yeah, competition will be fierce,  but maybe we can be more intelligent and more savvy than other clubs (the two clubs you’ve mentioned have been largely idiotic and extremely reckless in spending and managerial/coaching changes for example… so we can try to overtake these clubs or exploit those kinds of situations with stability and nous/wisdom)…

If ever we didn’t need to “chop and change” and actually build something that lasts… IT IS NOW.

Personally, I’m in no rush. Stability and sustained “success” or consolidation is no bad thing… I’m happy for us to “cement” ourselves as a top 6-8 side that disrupts, upsets and disturbs the perceived “big clubs” while playing attractive and entertaining football… if we manage to attain a higher level, brilliant, but there’s no need to rush things or “risk it all”… we will get there and I hope we never become an entitled or arrogant fanbase as has been and continues to be the case at other clubs… let’s have some class… like our manager.

I want Unai to be fully immersed in Aston Villa for many, many years and ingrained in our history forever… he’s awesome! 😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe it depends on what we want or where our expectations are as fans but we need to be fair and realistic… no doubt Unai is ambitious and, as he said, the dream is Champions League (aswell as trophies) but yeah, competition will be fierce,  but maybe we can be more intelligent and more savvy than other clubs (the two clubs you’ve mentioned have been largely idiotic and extremely reckless in spending and managerial/coaching changes for example… so we can try to overtake these clubs or exploit those kinds of situations with stability and nous/wisdom)…

If ever we didn’t need to “chop and change” and actually build something that lasts… IT IS NOW.

Personally, I’m in no rush. Stability and sustained “success” or consolidation is no bad thing… I’m happy for us to “cement” ourselves as a top 6-8 side that disrupts, upsets and disturbs the perceived “big clubs” while playing attractive and entertaining football… if we manage to attain a higher level, brilliant, but there’s no need to rush things or “risk it all”… we will get there and I hope we never become an entitled or arrogant fanbase as has been and continues to be the case at other clubs… let’s have some class… like our manager.

I want Unai to be fully immersed in Aston Villa for many, many years and ingrained in our history forever… he’s awesome! 😄

Personally I don't see Emery being here more than 5 seasons at the most.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Personally I don't see Emery being here more than 5 seasons at the most.

5 seasons is pretty good in this day and age… as long as we have a plan and “strategy of succession” if that makes sense…

The longer the better though…

I just feel we are the perfect fit… this is Unai’s club!!

Edited by Jas10

I had no idea he owns Real Union

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Unión

Real Unión Club, S.A.D. is a Spanish football club based in Irun, in the autonomous community of the Basque Country, in the province of Gipuzkoa, near the border with France. Founded on 15 May 1915 it currently plays in Primera División RFEF – Group 2, holding home matches at the 5,000-seater Stadium Gal.[2] Real Unión was one of the founding members of La Liga in 1929. The club spent four seasons in the Spanish elite, suffering relegation in 1932. Real is yet to return to the top tier, spending the rest of its history bouncing between the second and fourth tiers of Spanish football.

• Like 1

Â