Unai Emery

PeterSw

37 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Born in the same town as jose maria olazabal. Perhaps he told him that Bodymoor is next door to the belfry, maybe it was the deal breaker.

Dunno about Olazabal but can we go and sign Oyarzabal? 🤣

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I don't think Emery is elite. 

He is known as an europa league coach doing best with underdog clubs rather than the huge clubs with expectations to win. 

He had only won one league title and that was with PSG. 

He is probably in the category just below elite but I'm excited to see what he can achieve here and if he can take us into Europe. 

Are you Jamie Carragher?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Plus with the doofus waistcoat in charge it’s less likely also that Ty and Ollie will be involved thankfully. 

I am very curious about the captain situation, I wonder if Danks picked Emi knowing who was taking the role. I think he’d be an excellent captain alongside Ty. 

There's no way Watkins is going to the world cup, imo. And I'd say there's only an outside chance of Mings going.

I think Martinez is a definite and then Coutinho, Luiz and Mings are all outside chances. I doubt anyone else will make it

• Like 1

God, it does feel so good to be positive, enthusiastic and excited again … with good (even more) reason to…

It had been so poor and miserable… I have to post this again because this really does sum up how I feel now 🤣

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no way Watkins is going to the world cup, imo. And I'd say there's only an outside chance of Mings going.

I think Martinez is a definite and then Coutinho, Luiz and Mings are all outside chances. I doubt anyone else will make it

Digne and Cash are certs. Probably Bednarek and Dendoncker too.

Also another thing about this appointment, is his ability to attract players to want to play for us. A lot was said about Gerrard’s pull due to his playing career and yes I’m sure it helped us. However, I would not be surprised if a few top players are open to joining Villa because of Emery and his ability to win. 

I don’t want to get carried away but these are some seriously exciting times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cash will go. He has most of the squad to work with though which is great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I just hope the players really buy into his ideas. 

I think he could have no better leg up than starting after the players have endured a year of a certified **** idiot.

I'm certain it'll be a breath of fresh air for them.

To get back to basics and talk about Steven's legacy, does anyone know where Emery stands on ketchup?

Â