Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They would have won the league except for Covid breaking the season up. 

He was able to fit in Milinkovic-Savic, Correa and Alberto into the same team and still compete at the top so would have no problem with Buendia and Coutinho 😉

Played good football doing it too, the momentum they had it would have been hard to see anyone else beating them to the title. Then hilariously it all went to shit 😉

Jokes at the expense of Lazio aside, he is tactically extremely astute, in that season he beat Juve and totally stopped them playing, tactical masterclass off the ball.

Would love him at Villa, seems a bit of a remote possibility though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Ange Postecoglou should be our number 1 choice imo

No. He’s married to one particular style of football that is based on being greater than sum of your parts. He’s Bielsa x2. Similar patterns to bielsa too in form lines. Lord it over teams who have similar or less individual ability than them - as the tactics do come to pass but gets ruthlessly exposed when you come up against players of great technical ability. Celtic going the same way in Europe as Leeds did in the premier league. 

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Played good football doing it too, the momentum they had it would have been hard to see anyone else beating them to the title. Then hilariously it all went to shit 😉

Jokes at the expense of Lazio aside, he is tactically extremely astute, in that season he beat Juve and totally stopped them playing, tactical masterclass off the ball.

Yep its probably not realistic but I think its a market we should look at. Best young managers in Europe seem to be based in Germany and Italy for me

Blessin was highly rated at end of last season as nearly kept Genoa up but came through Leipzig setup and is rated by Klopp and Capello, Not sure how he has done this season

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think he's a decent manager, but I do wonder why it's not quite working out for him at Inter.  Maybe he is one of these managers that is better at a club with lesser ambitions, like Moyes at West Ham but couldn't do it at Man U.

There is a good chance both Inter and Juve will need a manager soon.

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The following are available and an onbvious upgrade on the trainee. Sven Goran Eriksson, Dyche, Big Sam, Alan Pardew, the actor who played Ted Lasso, Mike Bassett, Mike Bassett assisstant manager that was a used car salesman, some of the cast of Dream Team and some Football Manager Youtubers

We really should not hire most of these candidates

Any of them would be better than what we currently have....even my old mum who is 88 this month and knows the square root of bu**er all about football would do a better job

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep its probably not realistic but I think its a market we should look at. Best young managers in Europe seem to be based in Germany and Italy for me

Blessin was highly rated at end of last season as nearly kept Genoa up but came through Leipzig setup and is rated by Klopp and Capello, Not sure how he has done this season

Surely an appointment like that would be as big a risk as Gerrard was?  Granted he probably has a better coaching pedigree coming through Leipzig, but aren't we in the mess we are in because we have a rookie manager?

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Genoa are up there, Serie B is a really tough league, he plays a lovely style of football all about opening space and keeping the ball. He'd be an improvement on Gerrard! 

We should definitely be looking at Germany/Italy for a head coach, we have decent players IMO what we need is a tactically astute modern coach who can improve players and who has the ability to instil a style of play that everyone can get behind. Defo something Inzaghi could do but I don't know if he'd want to work in England let alone come to a floundering Villa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Surely an appointment like that would be as big a risk as Gerrard was?  Granted he probably has a better coaching pedigree coming through Leipzig, but aren't we in the mess we are in because we have a rookie manager?

probably I dont think we would look at him anyway if honest.

I actually wanted Tudor from Verona last year and was a bit put off for a similar reason but he is now starting really well at Marseille after losing a lot of talent in the summer. Wonder would we look at him

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think he's a decent manager, but I do wonder why it's not quite working out for him at Inter.  Maybe he is one of these managers that is better at a club with lesser ambitions, like Moyes at West Ham but couldn't do it at Man U.

Yep I think Juve will definitely be pulling the trigger soon, if Inter are patient though I think Inzaghi could still come good there. Much higher pressure environment than Lazio though it's true, they expect to win every week.

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Inter were the best team in Serie A last season only losing the league through a goalkeeper error. This season Perisic is a huge loss and Lukaku seems to be not fit most weeks

46 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Ange Postecoglou should be our number 1 choice imo

Absolutely not IMO. We need someone who has managed in the top leagues before - the last thing we need is to get someone in who has to learn on the job again instead of being able to draw on actual experience. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yep I think Juve will definitely be pulling the trigger soon, if Inter are patient though I think Inzaghi could still come good there. Much higher pressure environment than Lazio though it's true, they expect to win every week.

I suspect the likes of Poch and Tuchel will be holding out to see if those jobs become available.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Doris the tea lady is a candidate compared to Gerrard!

There are a shed load of managers that are out of work that would improve us.

Hopefully they are just doing the paperwork as we speak.

I guess what I mean is, a candidate I can realistically see the board going for.

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would anyone take Ralph? Southampton are struggling but I don’t think he has really been backed that much as he?

Never been a big fan.  Can be just as bad as good and I don’t think that’s just down to investment! Not sure he’s the direction we should look.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would anyone take Ralph? Southampton are struggling but I don’t think he has really been backed that much as he?

What's the word for " streaky " on steroids?

Would have to buckle up for some good football at times, brilliant results at times, and some absolute pastings at times.

I think I'd have to lean NO on Hassenhuttl.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's the word for " streaky " on steroids?

Would have to buckle up for some good football at times, brilliant results at times, and some absolute pastings at times.

I think I'd have to lean NO on Hassenhuttl.

He never took regular pastings at Leipzig though and finished 2nd, its almost like he would perform better when he got backing  :P 

• Like 2