Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

My main concern is that if we do this slow build up playing stuff at Villa Park, our own team will get booed.

Villa park love direct, high tempo football.

I have witnessed many times our team being booed when we pass the ball around keeping possession.

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I want a high detailed report as to why Amorim should be our new manager, because it is similar to gerrard where he has had basically one spell, id like a full detailed report sell it to me

Your guess is as good as anyone's who the next manager will be. Nobody outside the club knows. Why not post who you want and why instead?

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

My main concern is that if we do this slow build up playing stuff at Villa Park, our own team will get booed.

Villa park love direct, high tempo football.

I have witnessed many times our team being booed when we pass the ball around keeping possession.

Got to admit, I love the swashbuckling high speed attacking as well.

It's what I remember our best teams for.

To everyone replying im not against appointing Amorim i just wanted someone to give key points as to why we should which nobody thus far has given, but redirecting me to YT videos was not what i was expecting, i was joking about the full detailed report but just wanted a bit more.. i.e is he a tactian monster with intense talks like guardiola/arteta 

Edited by RicRic

Amorim doesn't really play with wingers, but that doesn't mean he doesn't play with width. 

One thing that I keep seeing being mentioned in relation to Amorim is his infectious personality, charisma, and approachability, and watching Sporting last night it was interesting to see his players run straight over to him after they scored. What was evident today - as well as during most of Deano's reign - is that we've got a bunch of players that would probably be described as the type who 'need an arm round the shoulder', players that respond to encouragement and need to feel loved, rather than the more disciplinarian approach we're led to believe Gerrard had. Amorim might be just what we need to bring back the feel good factor at Bodymoor. Or he might not be. Who knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

You think Amorim watched us play today and changed his mind? That’s if it’s him that’ll take over?

No sane person would change his mind because of one game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphouneso said:

Amorim doesn't really play with wingers, but that doesn't mean he doesn't play with width. 

One thing that I keep seeing being mentioned in relation to Amorim is his infectious personality, charisma, and approachability, and watching Sporting last night it was interesting to see his players run straight over to him after they scored. What was evident today - as well as during most of Deano's reign - is that we've got a bunch of players that would probably be described as the type who 'need an arm round the shoulder', players that respond to encouragement and need to feel loved, rather than the more disciplinarian approach we're led to believe Gerrard had. Amorim might be just what we need to bring back the feel good factor at Bodymoor. Or he might not be. Who knows.

Just to add on to this, when Buendia came off didn’t he share a hug with Danks? It seems like the players do like this 'new' treatment most sporting teams adopt. It goes with the current generation as well, at work for example most of the younger employees don’t take to getting scolded instead they just want an arm around them.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Is there weight behind this new story. I thought he wanted to see season out with Sporting? Why the change of heart?

I don't think there is any story about Amorim? New one I mean. The link seemed to be a rehash of old stuff with a new release clause. 

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Just to add on to this, when Buendia came off didn’t he share a hug with Danks? It seems like the players do like this 'new' treatment most sporting teams adopt. It goes with the current generation as well, at work for example most of the younger employees don’t take to getting scolded instead they just want an arm around them.

Yup, he did. A proper hug as well, not just one of those quick 'touch chests and go' weird ones.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Is there weight behind this new story. I thought he wanted to see season out with Sporting? Why the change of heart?

Mendes wants Ronaldo there but he doesn’t so it’s going to be a battle of ideals and he probably doesn’t want the drama anymore