Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Just the 25 minutes after the official Twitter posted it, real breaking news that.

Ok, someone posted a tweet from that guy saying we were about to get Fulham's manager.

By the time I'd replied, he'd deleted the post.

But I wasn't actually saying that guy was spot on - he's saying Gerrard locked the players in the dressing room then scratched and slapped security when they came in through the ceiling.

Why, whenever I post on here, do I feel like I've entered the twilight zone?

27 minutes ago, gordy said:

Can I join the twitterverse, spam on the manager too?

El National in Spain saying its Poch to sign in the next couple hours:

https://www.elnacional.cat/es/deportes/100-millones-fichajes-10-kilos-ano-descartado-florentino-perez-mauricio-pochettino-aston-villa_904545_102.html

Sounds like a dodgy drugs deal £100m 10 kilos????

• Haha 2

Re Beale's comments:

If the manager has been hamstrung by a weak squad, or a heap of big name players all over 30 and on the way down = blame recruitment. 

If he inherited a good squad and has been given substantial resources to push that on further = manager is to blame. 

The signings that were clearly Gerrard's have been our biggest letdown, in fairness. 

Phil has faded badly after a promising start. And Digne hasn't looked up to covering both facets of the role he was meant to occupy.  

In fairness, it would prob take one of the best left backs in the world to cover two positions, in that weird set up.  But with signing a French international we did for the fee and wages we did, you'd hope for a standard closer to that level than what we've seen so far. 

Edited by HolteExile

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Sacked in the morning 

So we need to pay £26m today for him but tomorrow we can get him for free after being sacked.  So is he still the young superstar people wanted? I can’t keep up

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So we need to pay £26m today for him but tomorrow we can get him for free after being sacked.  So is he still the young superstar people wanted? I can’t keep up

The latest news- Danks is the new young superstar we all want. 

Edited by messi11

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Shone a light? Just a dick backing up his mate, sounds disgruntled at worst but a nothing story at best.  He was obviously going to say that.  It’s no more affected CP and Lange than before.  Those who want CP and Lange gone will jump on this while most won’t even bat an eyelid because it’s nothing.

CP will be devastated if he isn’t considered a mate of Gerrard’s anymore.