Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We’re filling the stadium as is with absolutely dog shit performances. Why would it go down if we win more games?

I'll concede that point for the sake of argument. What about the rest of my long post?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Villa have not struggled to sell tickets with awful performances and results.

You think brining in a manager who very likely would start returning more wins would somehow reduce the number of people coming to watch? Hilarious.

They certainly have struggled to sell tickets with awful performances and results.

The relegation season was depressing, with a half full Villa Park.

The Championship seasons had closures to areas of the stadium because our fans couldn't fill it.

The last few weeks haven't sold out coinciding with our poor form.

It happens every-time the club falter; and it would certainly happen again.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd find us paying off Leicester to take the manager from the team in bottom place almost as uninspiring as Dyche.

Suspect there’ll be some sort of deal done that waives any compensation. If we want him then it’s potentially in everyone’s interest to just let it happen. There’s still a very good chance that Leicester will want rid of him this season or next so us asking for him saves them having to pay him off.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t get the “Dyche” sends the wrong signals at all. 

Who cares about the signals? He’s a quality, British manager who has bags of experience in the PL taking a club well beyond they had any right to be.

What is this “signals” nonsense about? 

He is a clogger, football would be turgid and awful to watch. We would have a team of cloggers like Ben Mee! No thanks. 

Let him go to the baggies, suits them to the ground! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Inherited one of the most toxic dressing rooms too. Gabby milks it to this day. 

He was built to fail. 

Thankfully we are in a much different place. 

I hate it when Gabby starts talking about Garde, him and Richards. Bloke probably has more intelligence in his little finger than those two combined.

I see all the comments about Dyche here, and whilst I see there are sensible arguments for..... I would be seriously underwhelmed and bored by that appointment. 

I want a crazy sexy modern foreign coach!!!

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I hate it when Gabby starts talking about Garde, him and Richards. Bloke probably has more intelligence in his little finger than those two combined.

I hate it when Gabby is described as "Villa legend" Boils my p!ss.

• Like 2

For me it's Rodgers, Emery or Amorim.

Amorim seems like a bit of an unknown, on paper he seems the business and has proved he can turn clubs around. But the Premier League is a different level to Portuguese league. We aren't currently in a position to be taking gambles on managers, we currently look like the worst team in the league and it needs fixing sharpish.

Rodgers is a manager I've liked for a long time. He's got Premier League experience and has proven himself; he would also be good for some of the younger players in the team. Leicester seem to have picked up slightly though, so I don't think he would be as open to joining us as he may have been earlier in the season.

Emery is probably the standout manager for me. It didn't work out for him at Arsenal, but Wenger was always going to be a tough manager to follow; only this year have the club stabilised themselves and that is largely to fixing the playing staff after years of mismanagement by the board. Emery is a proven European manager, which would be the next step for us. I think we should be pushing for him to join and give him time and money to turn us into a competitive side.

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

At best it's bang average. It is not good. It's mostly players who were here for years when we was average.

It’s better than what the managers of Brighton, Fulham, Brentford, Bournemouth, Southampton, Leeds and Forest have to work with.

It’s a mid table squad. A good manager should be getting results with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Dyche would be a zero ambition appointment. 

Might aswell fold the club. 

Dyche becomes the choice when all the others reject us. Poch, Amorim, Emery, Frank and Rodgers would all have rejected us before we would go for Dyche.

I still think right now with this team he would be like Howe or a Moyes, very meh to the us supporters but surprised everyone. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Dyche becomes the choice when all the others reject us. Poch, Amorim, Emery, Frank and Rodgers would all have rejected us before we would go for Dyche.

I still think right now with this team he would be like Howe or a Moyes, very meh to the us supporters but surprised everyone. 

I still think it will be Dyche. 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly, he won't have us playing like Burnley did. He's totally pragmatic and knows it's a results game. He needs to get wins to get us to the top half of the table and to do that he'll probably set us up with a 4 2 3 1 or a 4 3 3 and look for quick in transition

What leads you to think he's Pragmatic? 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd take Rafa if I was that desperate. 

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

I am convinced that people who mention Dyche is just trying to trigger messi and i love it.

Yeah, where is that guy? We need him to sort this s**t out.