Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Villa fans don’t do patience. We are a massive club. We won the European cup ffs. This bloke better be good, by half time in his first match.

WTF - how long have you supported the club? I can only assume you are a fan who arrived in the last 20 years.

I have supported the club for decades. We are still here, I was in Rotterdam don’t ever **** belittle our achievement you…word removed.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Amorim  interests me. I mean 3 Portuguese league cups already, that bodes well for us. We are badly due a league cup.  He is inexperienced but I would say the ese portuguese league is of a far higher standard than Scotland and Sporting hadn't won the league for about 20 years before he went there. 

Just read Sporting CP knocked out of cup by 3rd tier team and lost 3 of last 4. Sign him up

28 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Wait until our Nas gets on the blower. 

Nas: Hello.... is that you Mario?

Poch: No,  it's Mauricio. Who's this?

Nas: It's me Mario, the great Nassef. I want to give you job at my club. The best club in the world.

Poch: I no interested.

Nas: But I pay you so much money. 

Poch: I still no interested.

Nas: Thats great news. I send car in the morning for you. 

Poch: I no come.

Nas: Great decision, I see you tomorrow Mario bye. 

See the source image

Nas: Hello.... is that you Steve ?

Unai:  No,  it's Unai. Who's this?

Nas: It's me Mario, the great Nassef. I want to give you job at my club. The best club in the world.

Poch: how much ?

Poch: but how much is much 

Poch:  Is Gresford still at the Villa?

Nas: Great decision, I see you tomorrow Unai bye. 

spacer.png

Edited by dounavilla

If it was the summer and he had a full window then Amorim would be a very exciting choice with huge upside. However coming in now, 2 1/2 months away from a window with no time to get his philosophy across makes me nervous. All appointments are a gamble but you have to reduce the odds as much as you can.

I think he probably has the best CV of managers we can get (based on the no doubt mostly bullshit speculation of who isnt interested) but if we didnt start well under him then it could be rabbit in the headlights. But that's probably the case for anyone who comes in. The more I think about it, the more I realise how tricky this appointment is.

Edited by R.Bear

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

If it was the summer and he had a full window then Amorim would be a very exciting choice with huge upside. However coming in now, 2 1/2 months away from a window with no time to get his philosophy across makes me nervous. All appointments are a gamble but you have to reduce the odds as much as you can.

I think he probably has the best CV of managers we can get (based on the no doubt mostly bullshit speculation of who isnt interested) but if we didnt start well under him then it could be rabbit in the headlights. But that's probably the case for anyone who comes in. The more I think about it, the more I realise how tricky this appointment is.

Nah, 3 games for him to manage and then over a month’s break to have a pre-season with virtually the whole squad.  

Then 2 games and the January transfer window opens for him to make changes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Getting Remi Garde vibes on Amorim. Or maybe I simply expect disaster now no matter what...

Yea disappointment/disaster has been drilled into us at this point. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

I was erudite and apposite, yet received dog's abuse. Before many others posted my ideas as if they were their own.

This won't get the love it deserves. It's a crime that I can only like it once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

I was erudite and apposite, yet received dog's abuse. Before many others posted my ideas as if they were their own.

Erudite lol. You mentioned Rafa Benitez until the end of the season 😂?! Not sure anyone else is going to own up to nicking that idea.  

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

If it was the summer and he had a full window then Amorim would be a very exciting choice with huge upside. However coming in now, 2 1/2 months away from a window with no time to get his philosophy across makes me nervous

We are 3 weeks away from a 6 week break due to the world cup and only 6 league games until the transfer window opens.

9 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Nas: Hello.... is that you Steve ?

Unai:  No,  it's Unai. Who's this?

Poch: how much ?

Poch: but how much is much 

Poch:  Is Gresford still at the Villa?

Nas: Great decision, I see you tomorrow Unai bye. 

spacer.png

What's this? The frigging redux

13 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

WTF - how long have you supported the club? I can only assume you are a fan who arrived in the last 20 years.

I have supported the club for decades. We are still here, I was in Rotterdam don’t ever **** belittle our achievement you…word removed.

Your assumption says it all.My first match was 1965 lower trinity, I used my pocket money to buy a £5  share ,  became a season ticket holder not long after. I managed to get to Port Vale away on a cold Tuesday night not quite Stoke but you might get it. I can’t claim to be one of the gang that went to Rotterdam but I bow down to your greatness. Oh and by the way having a different opinion to you does not make me.word removed.

• Like 1

Personally, I think it's as good a time as you're going to get for any manager to bed in mid season. A few weeks and several games assessment before the WC and then a window to tweak following the break. It's never going to be perfect during the season but a change now allows further changes if necessary. It's a little like the covid break that first season with the WC and should allow us a proper reset. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

boythatesculatedquicky.gif