Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, TRO said:

Whoever it is will get my unequivical support, from day 1

I just hope we have a unified fanbase, to give him FULL support.

That really will depend upon the powers that be making an appropriate choice - Alex McLeish says Hi guys !”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think people underestimate the value of this.

Coming on to VT was becoming unbearable as well

• Like 3

Dyche won't be a bad appointment..

He could be what David Moyes is to West Ham for us..

The fans wouldn't want him though but he is a very likeable person.

I am not going to pretend that I know who Ruben Amorim is.. I have done a bit of researching he looks like a promising coach that makes his teams hard to beat and has a tremendous defensive record..So I understand the hype..

But if it goes wrong, which we have experienced before with a promising young European coach.. then it would be a costly catastrophic appointment.. if it goes right it could be a masterstroke..

Just now, ChesterDad said:

That really will depend upon the powers that be making an appropriate choice - Alex McLeish says Hi guys !”

even he fulfilled parts of his remit from the hierarchy.....it just didn't meet ours.

Another really nice personable guy.

Man watching videos of Amorim again is making me think he could be the right choice for us. I obviously like Emery a lot, it makes a lot of sense as well with his experience and attention to detail. 

I don't like 3 at the back in general, but Amorim's 3-4-3 is interesting I feel like Buendia(I can't remember who else said this as well in this thread) would be good in one of the 3 up top as well. 

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Dyche won't be a bad appointment..

He could be what David Moyes is to West Ham for us..

The fans wouldn't want him though but he is a very likeable person.

I am not going to pretend that I know who Ruben Amorim is.. I have done a bit of researching he looks like a promising coach that makes his teams hard to beat and has a tremendous defensive record..So I understand the hype..

But if it goes wrong, which we have experienced before with a promising young European coach.. then it would be a costly catastrophic appointment.. if it goes right it could be a masterstroke..

I would be incredibly disappointed with Dyche.  He's a better coach than most give him credit for, but going from talk of an "elite" manager to Tony Pulis 2.0 would deflate the fanbase and signal the transfer money is drying up.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

even he fulfilled parts of his remit from the hierarchy.....it just didn't meet ours.

Another really nice personable guy.

Lambert I could get, but it didn't work out for him. Garde and even Sherwood I could get, even if they were both disastrous in the end. McCleish was just baffling, and was doomed to fail from the very first day. It made no sense in any way to me as an appointment.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think people underestimate the value of this.

Coming on to VT was becoming unbearable as well

Sadly that’s what happens when sports teams do poorly, especially when there are a lot of expectations surrounding said team. F abases can become quite toxic

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he will as long as he’s a coach with some pedigree rather than just a high profile name. Also not being a Liverpool legend will help any candidate.