Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, daft said:

Yeah, the consensus on this board seems to be we have a top-10 worthy squad underperforming under Gerrard. 

We are paying a top 8 squad - usually the money you pay equals league position - it may still

Just now, Jareth said:

We are paying a top 8 squad - usually the money you pay equals league position - it may still

My theory is that even top 10 is wildly over optimistic, but we'll see now that we're about to get a better manager. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

This is how people used to end up with Steve Bruce and Allardyce.

I think he could have some potential, but a part of me would die.

Used to?

2 minutes ago, daft said:

Yeah, the consensus on this board seems to be we have a top-10 worthy squad underperforming under Gerrard. 

Yeah they’d probably be right on paper, but football isn’t played on paper it’s played on grass. From what I’ve witnessed were a team fighting relegation but without the fight. This season will be a struggle regardless of who comes in, it’s a worry,

• Like 1

I wish we'd stop doom-posting about Dyche. I don't want him as much as the next person (as much as I like him), and I know the fans seem to want an 'exotic' and 'spicy' manager, but I feel the club know this.

I genuinely can't see the board messing around with this appointment and it wouldn't surprise me if they go beyond the suggestions of Purslow (or whoever else). It'll be a proper name or a safe-bet prodigy (like Amorim), but they'll do it directly, they'll do it themselves, and they'll probably do it rather swiftly.

Big Nassef is clearly in no mood to be messing about.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hobbit Feet said:

Yeah they’d probably be right on paper, but football isn’t played on paper it’s played on grass. From what I’ve witnessed were a team fighting relegation but without the fight. This season will be a struggle regardless of who comes in, it’s a worry,

Agreed. On the last part, we'll see. Still lots of points up for grabs. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Mannnnn we aren’t getting who we want are we… 

I think that's a safe bet since we aren't a Borg collective. You'll always at least one little **** that will be unhappy even if it was Pep.

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Devils advocate here... has Dyche ever had the funds or been given a team of players capable of more than what he's served up?

Maybe with higher standard of player he can do more? Not sure I'd want to take that gamble even if I thought it was possible anyway.

People say that about Dyche, imagine if he had more money etc. He hasn’t shown any signs of wanting his team to play differently, so my guess is Dyche ball is what he likes.

His style can be pretty successful, but wouldn’t suit our current squad.

Whilst my first choice has been and still is Unai Emery, the prospect of Amorim is attractive but very scary! so inexperienced going into the PL with our squad.

The prudent way forward may be to hire Dyche who I think is very capable of uniting our squad, coaching them properly and would ensure PL survival this season, He would get us to 12th -8th next season and when a better option is available and keen to take us into European competition make the "elite manager " move then.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is how people used to end up with Steve Bruce and Allardyce.

I think he could have some potential, but a part of me would die.

Bruce improved us, then we took someone else to improve us more.

It unrealistic to think we’ll get 1 manager to to take us from stinking the PL out whilst we wait to get relegated to knocking on the door of the top 4.

We need to build in stages.

Lets establish ourselves as a top half side first, then look to see if another manager is better for us to push on.