Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Outside of the big linked three (Poch, Tuchel and Emery), I really don't mind the idea of Villas-Boas. Only question mark is he's been out of work for a year and a half, and he seems to not stay in jobs for too long. Plays good football, knows Kamara and Sanson well. He's a far better option than Sean bastard Dyche.

A big name would make the fanbase happy, and feelgood is obviously a plus, but I hope they look a bit deeper than that. We need someone who is a good fit with regards to playing style, and someone with experience and some success from managing in a top league and ideally in UCL.

And also someone who is unlikely to leave within 6 months if Real Madrid calls - I know some say that’s nothing to worry about, but I do worry another chaotic situation like this happening too soon could be a disaster. 

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Thomas Frank has been great for us along with Dean Watkins Hogan Jota and many others who have disappointed where they have ended up elsewhere.

Just saying.

That's what I said and absolutely agree with you. 

Brentford is a very specific club who does thing a specific way. 

I'd be very wary of Frank. 

• Like 1

Just watched Brendon Rogers post match interview supporting Steven Gerrard and he can f*ck the right off, Christ on a stick these managers are paid enormous sums of money to get grown men to play a ball game a couple of times a week and win a few games, and when they don't the get the sack and get enormous sums of money to get rid of them. So save me the bloody sob story, Gerrards job was to win games, he didn't because he is shit, and he was sacked. I don't want an apologist for that as our manager.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Unsure about AVB. Sanson will be happy though

N

I don't think he is fully committed to being a football manager and get the impression he only does management to fund his motorsport career. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Despite what some will have you believe, we have a good squad and if we were relegated it would be decimated as most teams in the Prem would be happy with the majority of our squad in their squad. 

for me, the new manager needs to come in, get Sanson and Guilbert in out of the cold and send McGinn, Mings, Konsa and Watkins to a good therapist to help with whatever issues they are dealing with. They have the ability and had the drive but look like shells.

Get Archer in the team, get Traore back from Turkey and get some width in the team. Make sure Kamara and Luiz are 2 of the 3 in midfield unless injured.

For me, there's quite a few managers that would do a good job. Rodgers and Dyche are better managers than we've had in a long while and turning your nose up at them is ridiculous. 

If someone like Gallardo, or for me, Poch, is available I'd be throwing the kitchen sink and whatever else was in or attached to it at getting him in. Poch is far far far beyond our reach as a club so if there's anything we can do to convince him to come we'll be in europe by end of next season if not this season. 

6 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Just watched Brendon Rogers post match interview supporting Steven Gerrard and he can f*ck the right off, Christ on a stick these managers are paid enormous sums of money to get grown men to play a ball game a couple of times a week and win a few games, and when they don't the get the sack and get enormous sums of money to get rid of them. So save me the bloody sob story, Gerrards job was to win games, he didn't because he is shit, and he was sacked. I don't want an apologist for that as our manager.

I agree it’s ridiculous saying he should have got more time. That’s the one thing clubs don’t have on positions like ours. What would Rodger’s say when gerrard got this very expensive under performing squad relegated ? More time still or he is the right man to get us back up. More time is for when clear plans are developing but perhaps slower than anticipated. Shambolic clueless regressive football gets you sacked quickly. 

I do think Rodger’s was probably aiming that at his own board as much as ours though given that he is up market version of Bruce, does the merry go round always gets a job somewhere despite performances suggesting he shouldn’t  

I don't want a gamble right now.

The job this season is to make sure that a squad that should be good enough for midtable actually finish midtable and not in the relegation zone.

Poch is probably the best one we can get in my opinion. Would fit well with our South American players. Has done quite well in this league, has experience from a top European club and can do both the short term objective and some more on top of that. Should also have a name that will attract some players. 

Taking a chance on another inexperienced manager would be the worst thing we could do now.

I like the idea of getting managers in to do the job that is required. We got Dean Smith to get us out of the Champonship and stabilize us in the Premier League. He did that. We got Steven Gerrard to take us even higher, he didn't. So now we want a manager that short term can save us from relegation and then do the job Gerrard was meant to do for a year or two. 

With the right backing I think Poch is the best candidate for that.