Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Just can't see us having the clout to get Pochettino, Tuchel or Emery. They all have better options.

It will be Rodgers or Frank I think. Hope I'm proven wrong.

I think Frank is a bigger risk than we should be taking right now and Rodgers probably isn't in the right place mentally at the moment to be taking on another role. I think he needs a break from football before taking his next job. 

19 minutes ago, TomC said:

The squad are not as strong as some may think, but certainly not poor as you say. They should be able to finish mid-table (i.e. 8th to 12th) comfortably.

You are right that midfield remains the problem as always. I wonder if they'll wait to bring in the new manager until after Doug's suspension is over. No sense leaving the new manager hanging out to dry with the two best midfielders (Doug and Kamara) out.

Sorry but this squad is not good enough to finish 8th.  We have some decent players but the balance remains wrong.  One or two signings and I would agree.  But our midfield (even fully fit and without any suspensions) is not good enough to consistently deliver the results over a season to finish in 8th.  We've seen this over the last 3 seasons.

15 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

If we end up with 

Frank 

Dyche 

Rodgers 

We are doomed to fail and repeat the same 3 year or less cycle we have been on. 

Some of those above are repeats of Gerrard Lambert and Sherwood. Young up and coming coaches with limited CV and experience. They won't handle the pressure and egos the job seemingly will bring. They will fail. If Frank is on option because of Lange, well fire Lange too. Lazy. He would be gone within a year.

Dyche and Rodgers are bad ideas for many reasons. Burn out, limited abilities of formation, coaching and tactics amongst them. They would.alsp both fail.

This is mental.

Firstly  Frank is 49, Dyche is 51 and Rodgers 49. If those ages are young to you I'm delighted to be a mere child at 39.

Secondly, how can you be so sure they'd fail? You're talking like it's a literal guarantee it wouldn't work. There is a risk with all appointments, Pochettino, Tuchel and Emery are all risks too. Perhaps even more so than a reliable, but less glamorous Sean Dyche.

The ego bit is nonsense. Rodgers dealt with much bigger egos at Liverpool than he would at Villa. The Danish connection bit is nonsense. Do you really believe NSWE would allow Johan Lange to appoint a manager based on the shared cultural values of Denmark?

As for repeats of Sherwood, I'm out. Someone else can take the mantle of responding to that lunacy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Sorry but this squad is not good enough to finish 8th.  We have some decent players but the balance remains wrong.  One or two signings and I would agree.  But our midfield (even fully fit and without any suspensions) is not good enough to consistently deliver the results over a season to finish in 8th.  We've seen this over the last 3 seasons.

Hoping the new guy comes in and drops Mcginn! He is part of the problem in Midfield. 

Edited by calcifer
Not wearing me glasses
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Poch 《 tuchel 《 emery in that order

Mancini is another i like

No more **** gambles. No more bloody managers from scotland either. If they even contemplate looking at celtic manager im gonna lose my shit

Postecoglou? Would love it if he came here. Love it!

My choice would be Franks and I believe it’s achievable - I don’t think MP is tbh.

I also think it’s time to let people who actually give a flying fig about the club to have a say in recruiting the next manager.

Goodness knows why we have the history of footballing novices making choices.

Bruce was a disaster the moment he walked in the door, anyone knowing a little bit about the game knew it would end badly, and time has subsequently proved what a bogus he is.

Dean is a little different for the obvious reasons - although you can’t argue at the time of appointment he represented a gamble, fortunately for both Dean and the club - he was a qualified success.

Gerrard - see Bruce, absolute disaster of an appointment and destined to end in disappointment.

Surely there are still enough footballing villans around the club to have a significant input into the decision making opposed to the business/marketing moguls who have no clue whatsoever.

Of the top of my head I am thinking of the likes of Brian, Ian, Peter and so forth - proper footballing men, who have the club and supporters best interests at heart ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Are you serious? Another gamble?

A BIG NO THANKS

He's not Mr Only_managed_1_club_for_2.5_years

Been a manager for decades. Success has followed him everywhere, including international level.

I think Poch and Tuchel are just way out of reach so I’m not even going to begin thinking we can bring one of them in. 

The one option I’m really warming to is Unai Emery. 

What I’ve been thinking though, no matter if the new manager is a huge big name or a relative unknown, I just want them to have a clear style of play and philosophy that they stick by no matter what and build the squad around. No more chopping and changing and having managers not believing in themselves. We need a clear style stamped into this team and that comes from the manager, it’s an absolute must. 

Bring someone in with a clear philosophy and identity and they’ll have the fanbase on board very quick.