Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

I have zero faith in NSWE getting the next managerial appointment right. 

Why?  They've made two mangerial appointments so far.  They got one right and one wrong.  So that's a 50% hit rate - which is a long way away from a 0% chance.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

He had a win percentage of 55% with Arsenal and took them one place higher in his only full season with them, and got them to the Europa League Final. He had a poor end but the fans never seemed to take to him.

Totally agree, by the end he took them backwards

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I have zero faith in NSWE getting the next managerial appointment right. 

They're 50/50 right now. One was right one was a disaster.

Hopefully the people at VP who had a say in the disaster will be kept far away from the decision this time. That would prove good ownership.

Edens has proven he can run a sports organization and be sucesfull.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Dyche would be an admission that the owners have no intention of competing for Europe.

We're barely intending to stay in the Premier League at this point...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Question. Does an elite manager have to be an already recognisable name ? Are we quantifying elite based on current reputation or the board doing their due diligence on a manager who is elite but fans many not know too well. Just referencing De Zerdi at Brighton. I’d never heard of him but people in the know seem to rate him highly. Like say Poch, if I ain’t getting the Southampton and first couple of seasons at Spurs version - im not sure I’d want him. 

Straight outta Glasgow

Question. Does an elite manager have to be an already recognisable name ? Are we quantifying elite based on current reputation or the board doing their due diligence on a manager who is elite but fans many not know too well. Just referencing De Zerdi at Brighton. I’d never heard of him but people in the know seem to rate him highly. Like say Poch, if I ain’t getting the Southampton and first couple of seasons at Spurs version - im not sure I’d want him. 

For me yes, we have tried all the other options, time to make that money work for the club.

They thought Gerrard was elite…. 

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That's Lyric

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Vice President just died so cant take a job🤣

COME ON! stop giving this american joey fpl clout

Edited by messi11

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Why?  They've made two mangerial appointments so far.  They got one right and one wrong.  So that's a 50% hit rate - which is a long way away from a 0% chance.

Sort of. You can’t say they got one right when they sacked him last year for poor results. We did well for a period of time with Deano, but we were never overly convincing in our style of play - the Liverpool result was a freak score line.  

Getting it right would be hiring one coach and keeping the same one until such time that they decide to leave on their own accord. I get what you are saying though, the last appointment was a gamble, and it has ended in disaster. 

Edited by Tayls

Just now, Genie said:

We’re 17th… we need to fight the battle we’re in, not the battle we want

Only 11 games in, table is tight, squad is decent, we don't need a fire fighter, we just need someone who knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I wonder what happens when a manager gets sacked straight after an away game. Is he still allowed to get the team coach back or is he forced to get the late night Mega Bus back to Birmingham?

I was wondering this too. Would be a bit awkward to step on the team bus.

I'd dare say that NS would give him an audience in London. Be gentlemanly about it and plenty of feedback. SG won't be too gutted to skip the bus home.

Edited by Tubby