Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

We aren't far from europe!
Its a easy job for a manager. Also we have good players.

The improved performance today, for at least the first half, was a big positive for any manager coming in. At least he won’t be taking over a basket case with 10 games to go. Not yet anyway. Sack your mate or share a cab with him Larry!

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gerrard won 4 of his first 6 league games in charge.

If we do that again we're in the mix for 7th-9th.

We're only 5 points off Brighton so while we won't be getting close to them or Newcastle while Gerrard is here we can at least attempt to finish above them if we get someone in who hits the ground running.

Just giving Gerrard another 5 games and it will be desperate blind faith and basically self-sabotage on another season.

At the same time seriously damaging our chances of attracting a quality manager. 

Poch is the obvious name I can’t look beyond. Tuchel will go to an elite club. No way IMO Amorin leaves Sporting mid season for us. Bo Svennson names has been linked to Brighton and Wolves, but maybe is too much of a risk to follow Gerrard. Mancini I don’t think is an outlandish shout , though a long one. 

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gerrard won 4 of his first 6 league games in charge.

If we do that again we're in the mix for 7th-9th.

We're only 5 points off Brighton so while we won't be getting close to them or Newcastle while Gerrard is here we can at least attempt to finish above them if we get someone in who hits the ground running.

Just giving Gerrard another 5 games and it will be desperate blind faith and basically self-sabotage on another season.

I do agree. I'm just saying the longer it goes on, the less likely a top manager wants to come in and fight fires. 

Poch might as well wait till the summer and see what state we are in. 

• Like 1

The prospect of a new manger isn’t exciting me as much as it should. We’ll still have a suspect back room staff, Purslow and a recruitment strategy that is Sunderland 2015 but with even more wasted money.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

The prospect of a new manger isn’t exciting me as much as it should. We’ll still have a suspect back room staff, Purslow and a recruitment strategy that is Sunderland 2015 but with even more wasted money.

No chance any of the backroom staff stay on. Full clear out almost guaranteed by the new manager. Can't wait!

• Like 3

Just now, MrSmirch said:

I actually agree.

I don't think people realize how important it is to get rid of Purslow.

If Purslow would just stick with commerial deals I would be fine with him but his ego is far too big for that.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

A new manager also isn’t going to score goals. Finishing is abysmal. 

2 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Oh yes .. remember he appointed Roy Hodson when he’s at Liverpool. Not good ! 

Ralph Hasenhuttl was is second choice after Gerrard for the Villa job last time about. So not true about English managers. 

15 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Might improve the coaching though. The management is awful as we know, so lets not start talking about the coaching and who Gerrard has actually improved since being here, cause it'll be a very difficult find.

17 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The patterns of play in attacking areas, general shape and tactical substitutions would likely improve though, there’s every chance this creates more clear opportunities but to your point the finishing has composure of final balls has been shit lately

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

The patterns of play in attacking areas, general shape and tactical substitutions would likely improve though, there’s every chance this creates more clear opportunities but to your point the finishing has composure of final balls has been shit lately

Yeah our expected goals thingy has been shit, so even if we finished all of them we'd still be struggling as we don't create much.

Playing Archer a bit more (apparently was ill today so can't criticise Gerrard for that at least) will hopefully happen under next manager.

You don't score all the goals he's done in last 12 months at various levels without having something about you so he needs much more than just 5-10 minute cameos.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Playing Archer a bit more (apparently was ill today so can't criticise Gerrard for that at least) will hopefully happen under next manager.

You don't score all the goals he's done in last 12 months at various levels without having something about you so he needs much more than just 5-10 minute cameos.

We didn't need Archer today anyway, we had Dendonker. 😂