Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Did you stop reading before the end of my post?

Or not read what I was responding to?

🤨

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Did you stop reading before the end of my post?

Or not read what I was responding to?

🤨

Nothing personal lexicon I was responding to a number of answers yours was just the last.

If I misconstrued yours then ignore me.

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d got her earmarked for the England job. As a bonus, if getting rid of Southgate isn’t bonus enough, imagine the meltdown in Qatar if we appointed her before the World Cup. 

That would be quite cool, the icing on the cake was if she said she was gay and was bringing her g/f to Qater with her 😀.

Seriously though, it would be a really bold statement to employ her at Villa. It would get more publicity than SG. I wonder how players would react and how potential new signings would react

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Nothing personal lexicon I was responding to a number of answers yours was just the last.

If I misconstrued yours then ignore me.

You did, yes. 

What I was saying is that the West Ham game isn't got to shut the thread either way (unless he's sacked and we immediately appoint someone else, which I think is unlikely) and that he'll need a sustained run of good performances and decent results to kill this thread off for a while. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

That would be quite cool, the icing on the cake was if she said she was gay and was bringing her g/f to Qater with her 😀.

Seriously though, it would be a really bold statement to employ her at Villa. It would get more publicity than SG. I wonder how players would react and how potential new signings would react

The BBC might even say something positive about us. But that might me a step to far. Perhaps if she declared her self to be none binary?

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The BBC might even say something positive about us. But that might me a step to far. Perhaps if she declared her self to be none binary?

Yes non binary would be better, and I can't change my typo, obviously 'Qatar' and not Qater

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

The problem is the negativity builds in social media into the stadium . We do back the team initially but the atmosphere particularly at home drys up very quickly. No coincidence SG record has a better record away from VP. Platforms like this a fantastic but they can also help to build negative energy. 

I'd agree to be honest.

Not much that can be done though.

This is 2022 and the reality of the situation.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Smiths 5 game run of defeats were :

Spurs, Wolves, Arsenal, West Ham and Southampton.  I’d argue if we won at least one of them he would have got longer. 

So if we lose on Sunday it’s very likely we lose the next 2 after that for 4 defeats in a row. If that’s happen I think he will be sacked. 

However I think we’ll win Sunday so he’ll be safe for now.

Ironically SG presided later on in the season, over 4 of the same teams, and lost them too.

Perhaps certain teams we just don't like playing, or more importantly, can't play against.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ironically SG presided later on in the season, over 4 of the same teams, and lost them too.

Perhaps certain teams we just don't like playing, or more importantly, can't play against.

I believe both managers lost similar run of matches because both managers are quite similar.

Both managers lack adaptability, both managers are reactive rather than proactive, one got sacked and one should never have been hired in hindsight.

If Gerrard goes then I'll be disappointed if Purslow isn't right behind him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I believe both managers lost similar run of matches because both managers are quite similar.

Both managers lack adaptability, both managers are reactive rather than proactive, one got sacked and one should never have been hired in hindsight.

I think they are both quite different in Persona.....but I do agree the team looks much the same, in terms of similar flaws both managers managed to get a team " easy to play against" for varying reasons....different in set up, similar in trait.

I am extremely surpised, I am having to admit that of a Steven Gerrard team.....I wasn't expecting that.

but we will see, if he addresses it, not much time to bring in personnel, now.

maybe a magic wand, would help, just a bit of unhelpful, sarcasm.

49 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think they are both quite different in Persona.....but I do agree the team looks much the same, in terms of similar flaws both managers managed to get a team " easy to play against" for varying reasons....different in set up, similar in trait.

I am extremely surpised, I am having to admit that of a Steven Gerrard team.....I wasn't expecting that.

but we will see, if he addresses it, not much time to bring in personnel, now.

maybe a magic wand, would help, just a bit of unhelpful, sarcasm.

Definitely different in persona, the team does look the same as it has most of our time back in the PL. 

We have our moments where we show quality, but not for long enough, we look lost when things go against us and our resolve seems too easily broken. 

Like you I really did think at the very least SG would fix our soft underbelly. Kamara and Carlos indicated it was an area of concern. 

Carlos is injured, and I fear Kamara will eventually end up like most of our of other defensive midfielders.... Looking much better in another team.

I wanted SG to succeed, I would still prefer he sorted it out and gathered momentum. However I am not a man of blind faith and nothing indicates he knows how to adapt to the situation.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you think if we hired Roy Keane we'd become tougher?

You can't kick players out of games any more. You need more than angrily telling players to run and kick more.

We actually look like there's too much going on in our player's heads! Too many instructions. So so rigid and unnatural in our stodgy play on the ball.

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Just pay 50m for Potter and give him a ten year deal.

No more pretenders.

No manager lasts more than 3 years here anyway! 

19 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Followed by a whole host of coaches. The money this experiment on SG has cost us mirrors the shocking waste of the Martin O'Neill years.

46 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Potter now 9 PL games unbeaten with Brighton playing Danny Welbeck uptop. Join top of the table. Rock Solid defence

POTTER IN!!! 

I watched their game today, very impressive again. Leeds doing their turbo press all over the pitch but Brighton just calmly play through it, their passing really is the result of long hours on the training pitch. Should have scored 3 or 4 today.

• Like 2