Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, daft said:

Ok, Gerrard hear through a mate you'd poked Poch and media is going apeshit. He demands to know what the **** is going on?! Poch is still splashing his £10 mill severance pay from PSG and thanks you for the interest, but looks like the Man U job might be up for grabs soon, and maybe Klopp is done with Pool, so thanks but no thanks.

Gerrard is PISSED.

What do you do? 

Tell Gerrard to grow up or f**k off. He is earning over 7m a year and needs to do the job to the best of his ability. Any attitude of being pissed and he should be thrown out the door

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

That is a little harsh imo. City, Arsenal and Hammers are 3 of our next 5 so over 6 points will be tough but I would expect 7 from the following 3

I thought I set him a nice target, anything under 6 is relegation form? 

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I thought I set him a nice target, anything under 6 is relegation form? 

yeah, under 6 is relegation form, it would be a very disappointing run of result but a tough set of fixtures. I think Gerrard has till the WC break to prove himself. If we are not top half then it is probably time to part ways

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Tell Gerrard to grow up or f**k off. He is earning over 7m a year and needs to do the job to the best of his ability. Any attitude of being pissed and he should be thrown out the door

He resigns, the media goes even apeshitter after the appalling behavior of Aston Villa towards an England icon! You go for Potter in pure desperation, but he refuses to take you calls and his agent lets you know he won't touch a club that treats it's managers like that. Absolutely classless! 

Potter then signs a new contract with Brighton, win the league while Villa gets relegated on 5 points after the whole dressing room erupts in unrest.

The club goes into administration, Villa Park torn down and a Tesco is built in it's place.

The End.

😭

• Haha 2

Just now, daft said:

He resigns, the media goes even apeshitter after the appalling behavior of Aston Villa towards an England icon! You go for Potter in pure desperation, but he refuses to take you calls and his agent lets you know he won't touch a club that treats it's managers like that. Absolutely classless! 

Potter then signs a new contract with Brighton, win the league while Villa gets relegated on 5 points after the whole dressing room erupts in unrest.

The club goes into administration, Villa Park torn down and a Tesco is built in it's place.

The End.

😭

You are missing something there. Baggies will have sacked Bruce by then and he will come back home to save us 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

You are missing something there. Baggies will have sacked Bruce by then and he will come back home to save us 

He would, but he can't see past the storm on social media caused by our shameful treatment of Steve-O. Bruce quite the social media guru in my fantasy world. He's out. 

19 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

After. I would try and get Poch to agree, then sack Gerrard and then get Poch in. Purslow has to do what is right for Villa and not be sentimental about things. Villa is a business worth hundreds of millions and it needs to be managed as such

GP or Poch? 

Personally I'd take GP as I think he would be here for the long haul and Poch if he succeeded would use us to leave to a bigger club. 

18 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

GP or Poch? 

Personally I'd take GP as I think he would be here for the long haul and Poch if he succeeded would use us to leave to a bigger club. 

GP or Poch is a really tough decision. If we had Poch I would want him to turn us into the bigger team so there isn't a more attractive offer 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daft said:

Ok, Gerrard hear through a mate you'd poked Poch and media is going apeshit. He demands to know what the **** is going on?! Poch is still splashing his £10 mill severance pay from PSG and thanks you for the interest, but looks like the Man U job might be up for grabs soon, and maybe Klopp is done with Pool, so thanks but no thanks.

Gerrard is PISSED.

What do you do? 

Not care even in the slightest

56 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

GP or Poch? 

Does Poch need to ‘use us’? He could likely have his pick of big jobs. It’s more likely he’d have no interest in coming!

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think I keep taking this thread way too seriously. It’s not advocating for a new manager, after all. It’s just … specuprognosticaturbating. And what’s the harm in that, as long as you don’t injure yourself?

I injured myself trying to pronounce that word

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think I keep taking this thread way too seriously. It’s not advocating for a new manager, after all. It’s just … specuprognosticaturbating. And what’s the harm in that, as long as you don’t injure yourself?

As long as you're not specuprognosticaturbating with any close blood relatives, you should be ok.

• Haha 2

As long as we're not in a relegation position then Gerrard should get the season. We should then reconsider his position and look at the options available to us before any decision is made. The last thing we want to do is sack Gerrard or force him to walk away and then have a situation where no decent manager would come to us because of how we have dealt with Gerrard. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

As long as we're not in a relegation position

Are you serious? Smith hadn't even dropped into those positions before he got canned. 

If Gerrard can't get us high in the table, what's the point in letting him sign players on £££s beyond his predecessor 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dale said:

Are you serious? Smith hadn't even dropped into those positions before he got canned. 

If Gerrard can't get us high in the table, what's the point in letting him sign players on £££s beyond his predecessor 

Those players are already signed , if we're around relegation zone Xmas and we need players to get us out of it then obviously they should be signed.

It's no good sacking him and ending up with another manager that's the best available at that time.

We need to pick the next manager very carefully, if Gerrard doesn't work out, and he needs this season to see if it's going to work. Knee jerk reactions work nicely on the internet but in a real life situation they tend to be the prelude to disastrous events. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

Those players are already signed , if we're around relegation zone Xmas and we need players to get us out of it then obviously they should be signed.

It's no good sacking him and ending up with another manager that's the best available at that time.

We need to pick the next manager very carefully, if Gerrard doesn't work out, and he needs this season to see if it's going to work. Knee jerk reactions work nicely on the internet but in a real life situation they tend to be the prelude to disastrous events. 

This. It's ok to think he is not the guy, but shortsightedly tossing managers out early doors is a recepie for disaster, long term. 

The club has made a decision that they believe that Gerrard is the one to help us push on. You seriously need to have the confidence to see your decisions through, not second guess yourself at the first signs of trouble. 

You need to believe in what you do, or you might as well just give up. 

If this season ends up falling short of the clubs aims we need to re-evaluate, and the club most consider what the next step should be based on the results.

If things go to shit before that with a broken dressing room or similar, then yes, they need to re-evaluate sooner. 

But for now, like him or not, the rational thing, and what has been proven to work best, is to give him time. 

I'm hoping it goes very wrong at Leicester now so that Rodgers gets sacked and has a few months away from the game to relax and reflect before we try to bring him in ready for the January transfer window.

• Confused 1