• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Ings (Coutinho 65)
    • Dendoncker (McGinn 77)
    • Archer (Ramsey 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/22 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I can understand where he's coming from.

Up to the point of the final third we did pretty well. Mostly because Forest had every intention of letting us do well in those areas. But where it matters in the final third we were beyond woeful. So there was a lot wrong with things at that point. 

Forest had no interest in winning the ball, they sat back and didn't press at all. Handing the initiative over. Villa had basically unlimited possession up to 35 yards from goal.

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Forest had no interest in winning the ball, they sat back and didn't press at all. Handing the initiative over. Villa had basically unlimited possession up to 35 yards from goal.

We don't do well against teams that sit back and let us have it, as we don't have a clue what to do with the ball.  Newcastle and Watford last season, we dominated possession and lost both 1-0.  Forest would have been the same except for a "moment of magic" from Young.

Didn't watch last night but watched it just now after work despite knowing the result and frankly knowing exactly what I would see. It's all so familiar at this point.

There's just nothing there. No lines, no system, no patterns, no strategy, no anticipation of what a teammate will do or how they will act in any given situation.

Almost 12 months and we look like we've never played together. Players are obviously shot of confidence and no one is performing even close to their best. And I don't see that changing under Gerrard, even if we stumble over a good result or 3.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Gabriel Jesus got an identical penalty for the foul Konsa received - both the ref and VAR said no though. 

But of course, Media 6 Big London Club who are clearly getting the FA seal of approval this season, most likely as they haven't been up there for a few seasons so too good a chance to miss. They will get given everything and anything this season. As for us of course we are one of the "rest" or "other 13" clubs so we will never benefit from the Helping hand these media clubs get. The incident on Konsa was as close to identical as you could get to the one on Jesus...One rule for one, another for the other. It happens every week.

Not blaming our result on this but If we were a Media 6 club we would likely be walking away with 3 points right now had we converted the inevitable penalty.

2 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

But of course, Media 6 Big London Club who are clearly getting the FA seal of approval this season, most likely as they haven't been up there for a few seasons so too good a chance to miss. They will get given everything and anything this season. As for us of course we are one of the "rest" or "other 13" clubs so we will never benefit from the Helping hand these media clubs get. The incident on Konsa was as close to identical as you could get to the one on Jesus...One rule for one, another for the other. It happens every week.

Not blaming our result on this but If we were a Media 6 club we would likely be walking away with 3 points right now had we converted the inevitable penalty.

Then to the next point...do we even have a penalty taker? 😂

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

that call was certainly at least 50/50   I agree it would and has been given often for other clubs.  I know you are not saying this, but that call was not the problem our club is facing.   good to discuss, but bad to make any referee decision the scapegoat for shambolic performances.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

that call was certainly at least 50/50   I agree it would and has been given often for other clubs.  I know you are not saying this, but that call was not the problem our club is facing.   good to discuss, but bad to make any referee decision the scapegoat for shambolic performances.

Oh yeah, it would have papered over the cracks. It’s just a frustration on top of much bigger ones. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The results are frustrating yes, we should have won the last two games. 

We’re not firing in attack, obviously, but we are looking pretty solid in defence, again last night Forest did nothing of note except for put in one decent set piece which a) we should have defended better and b) was a dubious decision from the ref.

I don’t know if it’s poor coaching or the players are not carrying out the plan / simply not playing well enough or are just not good enough. We are also missing some key players at the moment.

People are going on as if we look like the side that went down 6 or 7 years ago, that team was getting battered week in week out which isn’t happening now, half of the overall approach is working well enough (defence), we just need to find a way to get it going up top.

There was incompetencies in that game that was scarey......we have no idea how to tackle a low block.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Then to the next point...do we even have a penalty taker? 😂

I would presume Coutinho if he is on the pitch though I also remember Ollie taking a few pens during the lockdown?

Outside of that - I don't see why Ash wouldn't take it either.

But that would require significant touches within the box - something that is beyond the realm of Villa right now.

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t know if it’s been spoken about but that dendonker sub last night was beyond confusing. Morgan Sanson sat on the bench, chasing a goal and we bring on dendonker. It’s clueless 

It has been mentioned but worth mentioning again.  The more baffling thing was putting Archer on 2 minutes later rather than at the same time so we would have 2 more subs up our sleeve.  If we had scored another we would have been holding on with 3 strikers on the pitch rather than being able to bring on some defensive players.  It's just so poor.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t know if it’s been spoken about but that dendonker sub last night was beyond confusing. Morgan Sanson sat on the bench, chasing a goal and we bring on dendonker. It’s clueless 

The problem is, when playing like this......every change, looks clueless.....most players look clueless.....The manager and coaches look clueless.

Nothing now, looks thought through.......We have seen similar signs of this under the last 9 managers....at the end of their tenure, similar comments from the fans, too.

Its as if, we are just waiting to arrive at this station.

something is drastically wrong, no doubt about that, I would love to be a fly on the wall at BMH.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, duke313 said:

We don't do well against teams that sit back and let us have it, as we don't have a clue what to do with the ball.  Newcastle and Watford last season, we dominated possession and lost both 1-0.  Forest would have been the same except for a "moment of magic" from Young.

We dont do well against teams, full stop.

I had a very interesting chat with a colleague at work tonight up here in the East Mids. He is a big ST holding Forest fan and a very decent guy too actually. He is not the type to say anything confrontational or whatever..........anyhow you get the picture.

Well he was at the game last night and he said basically he thought they were there for the taking and gave us ample chances to get in on their goal which we repeatedly didn't take. Then he mentioned that when McGinn came off he was trying to pass the captains armband on but none of our players wanted it and were kind if waving it away with a bit of a look of "I don't want it mate" about them. From what he says it was a bit like they were almost taking the "p" about it. The Forest fans around him were apparently quite shocked by it and all talking about it.

Can anyone verify this who was there? Or maybe it was at the wrong end of the ground for our fans to see it properly?

Anyhow, and i will stress "if true" If that does not say "LOST DRESSING ROOM" in great big flashing lights then I don't know what would! 

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I had a very interesting chat with a colleague at work tonight up here in the East Mids. He is a big ST holding Forest fan and a very decent guy too actually. He is not the type to say anything confrontational or whatever..........anyhow you get the picture.

Well he was at the game last night and he said basically he thought they were there for the taking and gave us ample chances to get in on their goal which we repeatedly didn't take. Then he mentioned that when McGinn came off he was trying to pass the captains armband on but none of our players wanted it and were kind if waving it away with a bit of a look of "I don't want it mate" about them. From what he says it was a bit like they were almost taking the "p" about it. The Forest fans around him were apparently quite shocked by it and all talking about it.

Can anyone verify this who was there? Or maybe it was at the wrong end of the ground for our fans to see it properly?

Anyhow, and i will stress "if true" If that does not say "LOST DRESSING ROOM" in great big flashing lights then I don't know what would! 

I wasn't at the game but did watch live on Sky and I did notice it took him a looooong time to pass over the armband so this would not surprise me.

I'd also like to add that I agree with the Leeds manager, we play so slowly and waste so much time it's embarrassing 

6 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

McGinn gave it to Mings but Mings has been replaced on the "infamous" captaincy committee so McGinn then had to hand it over to Young

Emi is the actual vice captain 😂

Edited by Zatman
  • Thanks 1

Â