• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Ings (Coutinho 65)
    • Dendoncker (McGinn 77)
    • Archer (Ramsey 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/22 at 22:59

12 hours ago, villaliver said:

Lack Of Quality Strikers Watkins Is Championship Striker At Best Not Buying Another Striker Is Punishing Us Gerrard Was A Gamble It Hasn't Paid Off Simple.

To be historically accurate, double-figures for a Villa player in the top tier, is about par and any player who does better like Benteke and Dwight Yorke, are always sold on pretty quickly.

Watkins' 16 and 11 are well within Villa expectations - if he had been any better he would have been snapped up by one of the top-six cartel, to either improve their squad or to deprive Villa of a chance to challenge for Champions League qualification.

They did it with Jack and they would do it again, if any other Villa player was to emerge as a threat.

• Like 3

Late to the party I know, but that match has put me firmly in the Gerrard out camp. An opportunity to go ninth by beating the bottom team and we looked like we couldn’t care less. MOTM a 37 year old who has looked better than most when he has played this season, and the only real sign of interest from Archer. I’ve now seen Dendonker twice, I’m not convinced I’ve seen him touch the ball yet.

Spent the last two matches before looking like a Dave Bassett side only to play very pedestrian football on the floor in this game. I just don’t get it.

Newcastle have managed to turn a corner significantly with money and Eddie Howe while we have also spent to keep treading water with this fella. Another wasted season, and that’s if we avoid the drop. We should have taken much more advantage of the relatively easier opening fixtures, but we haven’t.

When a 37 year old in Ashley Young can outshine and perform in any set up, you have to look at the players around him and ask why they cannot step up. We used to have a chant from the holte of    Your not fit to wear the shirt   and never has that song been more on point than with these players. Any professional player should at least have a bit of spirit and fight in them but this bunch retreat into their shells. 

• Like 2

Â