Weekends Football 30 September/2 October

andykeenan

4 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

That 2nd Brighton goal is something else.

Got some skills have Brighton, great passing around Liverplop. Trossard was always a player I think we should have offered money for last season and this season.

13 minutes ago, El Zen said:

St. Pauli - Heidenheim 0-0 should be deleted from memory and never talked about again. The worst game of football I’ve probably ever seen. 

Presumably the Bruce years have also been deleted from your memory? 😜

Just now, bobzy said:

Watching MOTD - amazed everyone in agreement with the Emerson sending off. It’s very harsh to me. Clumsy challenge, and would be painful, but it’s a nailed on yellow. Red is just crazy. We’re getting to the point where any contact with studs = red, which is not right. 

Nope, and some of the shit they say is fine depending on who the player is boggles the mind. I get fan lack of objectivity but these guys are paid to have good opinions.

• Like 1

I dunno, I think its a red, not necessarily because of the contact or because he's injured him but more because he can't win that ball, I don't think it's clumsy I think it's intentionally taking him out and he's done a bad job of that too

He's not playing the ball and even if he was he shouldn't be because he can't from there

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, I think its a red, not necessarily because of the contact or because he's injured him but more because he can't win that ball, I don't think it's clumsy I think it's intentionally taking him out and he's done a bad job of that too

He's not playing the ball and even if he was he shouldn't be because he can't from there

It’s the lack of weight through the challenge that makes it a yellow imo. Nasty one, but you see these given as yellows most of the time.

Also when the ref has reviewed on VAR it’s the contact he’s been looking at, surely. The intent would have been obvious in real time?

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I agree he’s intentionally taking him out - and if we go down the route of every challenge like that is a red (i.e: the old shirt pull when someone is running away) then I’m fine with it being a red. But there’s no real weight or anything in the challenge that makes it “dangerous”.

Stud contact = red shouldn’t be a thing even though, as I say, that challenge would’ve been painful. 

• Like 1

Â