January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

15 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think the "mystery" is in plain sight. It's a completely distorted market, as we all see, and running around crying for a striker in desperation will get us too little (probably mediocre talent) to risk the certain huge fees?

I think it's worth remembering the damage done by Gerrard's time at Villa, among other problems. It was always going to take time to transcend that, and no January window would resolve all that. Too soon. Emery really has only been here for what, four months on the job? 

The reference to Gerrard, everytime, something is in doubt, is tedious and dull....we need to get over it and engage in more meaningful dialogue.

The January transfer window, has nothing to do with him, he's gone.....and the clear out only involves his loans in the main.

• Confused 1

Whilst I get the mantra of waiting for the right player at the right price, I think you have to consider the position the squad is in. I really struggle to see how a bad injury to Watkins doesn't completely derail the rest of our season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Unai likes his subs but what if there isn't any? 

Seems a bit weird no ins  but lots of outs. 

Bench for Leicester

Olsen, Cash, Chambers, Digne, McGinn, Coutinho, Dendoncker, Duran with Carlos / K Young in final spot

This is our bench which cost us £120m to assemble. The Value according to Transfermarkt of the entire Bournemouth squad of 26 players is £165m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

People need to chill!
Emery is the master of getting the best out of players with teams who have no money.
5 wins from 7 already. He doing wonders. Trust him! 

so have we no money?

1 minute ago, useless said:

Have a feeling tomorrow is going to be the busiest day in the history of the club for player movment, with players leaving, coming in, and youngters going out on loan.

Either that or nothing will happen, which if is the case it will mean our U21s will have an incredibly strong team and should be in with a chance of promotion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Either that or nothing will happen, which if is the case it will mean our U21s will have an incredibly strong team and should be in with a chance of promotion.

Thats my horse.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

If Aaron Ramsey back from injury soon he will be a good option.

I’d much rather give the youth a place on the bench than some deadwood like Bednarek or Nakamba. Emery is well known for using youth, I’m sure there is 1 or 2 he’s spotted that could be used as backup rather than signing a squad filler on high wages.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Have a feeling tomorrow is going to be the busiest day in the history of the club for player movment, with players leaving, coming in, and youngters going out on loan.

That would be nice but my feeling is only Nakamba and Brad Young out and maybe one loan incoming but quite possibly no one incoming.

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If we did we would be spending It right?

There is absolutely no doubt we have the money. The difference from past regimes is there is no panic to spend it. If the right deals are not available now

then we can bide our time until they are. I still think there will be incomings tomorrow but if the prices are too high in January and will be cheaper in the

summer then so be it. Unai is shaping his squad and we should let him do it

Edited by pintpotvilla

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

With Coutinho we've got:

AM - Buendia, Ramsey, Coutinho, McGinn

FW - Watkins, Bailey, Duran, K Young

It's a little thin in terms of the experience of those strikers and there are a couple that we'd I'm sure like to upgrade - it's not quite paper thin though.

More wafer thin I'd say.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I’d much rather give the youth a place on the bench than some deadwood like Bednarek or Nakamba. Emery is well known for using youth, I’m sure there is 1 or 2 he’s spotted that could be used as backup rather than signing a squad filler on high wages.

Hope so, would love some more home grown youth to properly break through