January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Ahh that makes more sense. I agree.

Yeah its a case of emery getting it right, sawiris is not messing around so we need to be on the ball (no pun intended) in this phase of our recruitment, we also need to not be battling with the likes of Southamptons, west hams and evertons for players , because if those teams are confident getting these names then they cant be of that quality we need to propel us, we should be linked with players that were looked at by a chelsea or a arsenal similar to how Duràn was.

So hoping we can sign that Dario Osorio fella MEGA impressed by the talent and potential he has and working under Emery would be phenomenal 

Just now, RicRic said:

Yeah its a case of emery getting it right, sawiris is not messing around so we need to be on the ball (no pun intended) in this phase of our recruitment, we also need to not be battling with the likes of Southamptons, west hams and evertons for players , because if those teams are confident getting these names then they cant be of that quality we need to propel us, we should be linked with players that were looked at by a chelsea or a arsenal similar to how Duràn was.

So hoping we can sign that Dario Osorio fella MEGA impressed by the talent and potential he has and working under Emery would be phenomenal 

A good assessment.  The Dembele's of this world will fill the gap we need for the rest of this season.  But going forward we need to be shopping in a tier above what we currently are.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Are there more links about Osorio? Those kind of players which will help us improve if they’ve been a success. But we shall integrate them to the first team quickly. We can’t just buy talents and not using them. 

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Are there more links about Osorio? Those kind of players which will help us improve if they’ve been a success. But we shall integrate them to the first team quickly. We can’t just buy talents and not using them. 

Haven't heard anything else.  Worth noting, he is also at the U20 South American thing, with Chile. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A good assessment.  The Dembele's of this world will fill the gap we need for the rest of this season.  But going forward we need to be shopping in a tier above what we currently are.

Fill a gap? If Dembele comes he will be on a long and expensive contract, he’ll won’t be a stop gap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fill a gap? If Dembele comes he will be on a long and expensive contract, he’ll won’t be a stop gap.

He's 26 and has a good reputation in Europe, he wouldn't be that difficult to shift after 18 or 24 months.

We just sold a 30-year-old on £120k for £15m, there will always be desperate teams looking a striker.

And who knows, he might actually be worth keeping. In which case, we can sell Watkins.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's 26 and has a good reputation in Europe, he wouldn't be that difficult to shift after 18 or 24 months.

We just sold a 30-year-old on £120k for £15m, there will always be desperate teams looking a striker.

And who knows, he might actually be worth keeping. In which case, we can sell Watkins.

I get your point above but it’s a strange way you put the previous comment as if a player that Emery seems to want for some time is a stop gap.  Aren’t almost all signings stop gaps then technically by your definition?  Duran a stop gap? That we can sell for big money when he’s 21/22, Moreno when he’s 31? Just a weird way of expressing it that I questioned it. 

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I get your point above but it’s a strange way you put the previous comment as if a player that Emery seems to want for some time is a stop gap.  Aren’t almost all signings stop gaps then technically by your definition?  Duran a stop gap? That we can sell for big money when he’s 21/22, Moreno when he’s 31? Just a weird way of expressing it.

Maybe stop gap is the wrong phrase to use.  

I meant someone like Dembele isn't going to take us the next level, he's more of another body up front, no worse or better than what we have just a solid alternative who'd need to be upgraded at some point in the future.  Weather that is by Duran surpassing him or us spending big on an upgrade.

But we have a gap in the team left by Ings, and it needs filled.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

I'm not sure he's that good of a goal scorer.  His record last season is looking like a bit of an anomaly.

Season Age Squad Comp MP Starts Min Gls Ast
2013-2014 17 Fulham Premier League 2 1 88 0 0
2014-2015 18 Fulham Championship 11 2 335 0 1
2015-2016 19 Fulham Championship 43 37 3354 15 6
2016-2017 20 Celtic Premiership 29 20 1918 17 5
2017-2018 21 Celtic Premiership 25 17 1442 9 7
2018-2019 22 Celtic Premiership 1 1 90 0 0
2018-2019 22 Lyon Ligue 1 33 21 2016 15 4
2019-2020 23 Lyon Ligue 1 27 24 2188 16 2
2020-2021 24 Atlético Madrid La Liga 5 0 100 0 0
2020-2021 24 Lyon Ligue 1 16 6 677 1 0
2021-2022 25 Lyon Ligue 1 30 25 2207 21 4
2022-2023 26 Lyon Ligue 1 14 6 604 2 0

In your list there's literally only one season that's an anomaly, and it's not the last season. Did you read the numbers next to each of the rows before posting that? It proves the opposite if you actually look. 

Unless I'm not seeing something. I'm walking about and not paying perfect attention.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rolta said:

In your list there's literally only one season that's an anomaly, and it's not the last season. Did you read the numbers next to each of the rows before posting that? It proves the opposite if you actually look. 

Unless I'm not seeing something. I'm walking about and not paying perfect attention.

Was only really looking at his stats since joining Lyon.  He got off to a good start in the first 2 seasons, but in the last 3 seasons he's only had 1 good season. 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Was only really looking at his stats since joining Lyon.  He got off to a good start in the first 2 seasons, but in the last 3 seasons he's only had 1 good season. 

So 3/5 have been good. 2/5 would be the anomaly, although only just.

He's a gamble for sure, but he's also definitely scored well throughout his career, and had the odd season which didn't go well. Invariably bouncing back after a bad season too.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Tbf he had a fissure of the fibula in one of those seasons. That would mess anyone up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

So 3/5 have been good. 2/5 would be the anomaly, although only just.

He's a gamble for sure, but he's also definitely scored well throughout his career, and had the odd season which didn't go well. Invariably bouncing back after a bad season too.

Let’s not forget the fissure in one of those seasons.

Don't mean to be negative and spoilt my positivity streak but gotta keep it real. Where's our money gone? Are we broke?

We've spent £15 million net in the last 4 transfer windows which is piss poor. We deserve better.

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

Just now, messi11 said:

Don't mean to be negative and spoilt my positivity streak but where's our money gone? Are we broke?

We've spent £15 million net in the last 4 transfer windows which is piss poor. We deserve better. 

Lyric was right 🤣

• Haha 1