January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

People should know by now to never take a manager’s word seriously. Its all just PR stuff.

Same goes for players. It's all a big poker game with people lying through their teeth, while at the same time trying to build their own personal brands.

"I always wanted this club. It's such a big club with a great fanbase"

A bit like a prostitute complimenting her customer on his organ really.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So some of you lot are shitting your pants because we've just sold a guy who didn't do a thing against Stevenage for 15m and moved his six figure weekly salary off the books?

Its not the business side of things im worried about, its more the do we have a fit striker for the weekend issue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Icarium said:

No I don't. which is why I added the part that says if we don't get a new striker this could back fire. Maybe read the comment properly before posting

I did. You've essentially just posted a child like whinge before the transfer window has even closed.

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So some of you lot are shitting your pants because we've just sold a guy who didn't do a thing against Stevenage for 15m and moved his six figure weekly salary off the books?

Maybe it's because we're selling our top scorer two days before a game? 

Villareal apparently after Ben Brereton Diaz from Blackburn (his contract runs out in the summer), i wonder if that interest started under Emery and maybe we're lining up a January bid for him ?

I don't know that much about him, i just wondered if that might be why we're letting Ings go.

I'm cool as a cucumber about this. It's a good move to get him off the books as I was resigned to him leaving for nothing anyway in 18 months time, the fact that we're saving millions on him now is a bonus in my eyes.

UE is an elite level manager and he'll know how to handle this. I'm almost certain we'll see another incoming forward player anyway (Nicolas Jackson please!!) and we've got more than enough in the ranks to deal with OW not being available, granted none of them are traditional strikers apart from Simon Le Bon (who is young) but the Spaniards have form for doing well without a traditional striker anyway, so I'm quite chill about this.

Smoke and a pancake anyone?

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Wow, you went for this and even got it wrong.  Kudos :D 

• Confused 1

Just now, jones1328 said:

I did. You've essentially just posted a child like whinge before the transfer window has even closed.

If you read it in full more than once and arrived at this conclusion, you're either incredibly dense or trolling

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Different types of play IMO.

I feel Duran is a battering ram type, who can also finish, which helps.

We need different types of players throughout.

Not comparing players just more the impact on the highlights

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe it's because we're selling our top scorer two days before a game? 

Top scorer who scored a massive 2 goals more than the guy in 2nd and who likely wouldn't have played anyway. Hysteria for the sake of it.