January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

Most of that will be Chelsea, won't it?

I've been saying for a while that the premier league is the super league and those figures back that up. I don't see why it suddenly means football is broken though. Just because Newcastle might win a champions league and Juventus might not even qualify doesn't mean the game is broken. There is a constant clamour to keep the status quo in football, Man Utd, Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid all winning trophies all the time. Screw that. Its long over due that football got a shake up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well Guendouzi isn’t happening today, apparently he’s in training today….

I highly doubt it's even happening at all tbh. The OM CEO said there's been no contact from us at all. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I highly doubt it's even happening at all tbh. The OM CEO said there's been no contact from us at all. 

Yep could be the Rashica of this window.  We seem to have one every window…Defoe window etc etc…Julie B’s basement theory 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us line up like this towards the end of the season…

———————Watkins———————
—————————Bailey——————
Ramsey——New——Kamara—New
Moreno—Mings—Carlos——Young
———————Martinez———————

And then a new right back and a second striker being the main priorities in the Summer. 

Luiz playing golf until the end of the season then 🏌️♂️ 

5 hours ago, burchy said:

In that analysis a few posts back he talks about Parejo being the creative/progressive CM in the Villareal side, is Guendouzi going to be this for Villa? His stats are very similar to Luiz’s so I’m thinking he might be a 433 CM option as opposed to the CM creator.

I was just looking at progressive passing stats CM wise and Enzo Fernandez scores highly (no go I know) but it surprised me how close a guy I’ve been pushing for us to look at due to his goal scoring ability from deep (Kokcu) was to E Fernandez and to Parejo. 

I really think he’d be great in our midfield and hope he’s on our list, if Guendouzi isn’t earmarked for that creator role. 

You either live on football manager or you really are a wasted talent 🤔 or simply both 🤣 you should be sent out to the south america under-20’s championship as we speak

• Thanks 1

On 16/01/2023 at 23:47, KAZZAM said:

Not keen on Mckennie anymore think there are alot better options out there.

Maybe take him on loan with an option if we have to wait till the summer for Guendozi. 

Yeah he was that player we would settle for in the first season but we are going places now… might get to as far as the bull ring but we are on the move 💂‍♀️ 😆

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well Guendouzi isn’t happening today, apparently he’s in training today….

Plenty time left keep the faith 🤞🏽 We wouldn’t bring him in so quick after Duràn anyway id assume, would be next week at the earliest now.

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

My instincts tell me its just a matter of time and we tend to wrap up negotiations very quickly, so it may be a case of breaking news aston villa have … ….. …. ….. 

Just now, RicRic said:

My instincts tell me its just a matter of time and we tend to wrap up negotiations very quickly, so it may be a case of breaking news aston villa have … ….. …. ….. 

if it’s happening at all…there maybe nothing to it.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

We do things quietly. OM are probably trying to drive the price up with these statements publicly. 

Very true but a bit weird to use the tactic of saying they haven’t even been contacted, that’s where this theory falls down.  It’ll be interesting to see in hindsight either when the deal signs or when nothing at all happens as the window shuts.  Just weird to say they haven’t been contacted if they had, not the usual reason to use in public negotiations.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Very true but a bit weird to use the tactic of saying they haven’t even been contacted, that’s where this theory falls down.  It’ll be interesting to see in hindsight either when the deal signs or when nothing at all happens as the window shuts.  Just weird to say they haven’t been contacted if they had, not the usual reason to use in public negotiations.

Not if you consider that Marseille will need to buy a replacement.

If other teams know Marseille are going to sell one of their starting midfielders and will have a boost in money, those teams will ask for more for their player.  

This could be a way for Marseille to quietly find a replacement for Guendouzi.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RicRic said:

you should be sent out to the south america under-20’s championship

That’d be nice, god knows it’d be the only way I can afford to go abroad at the minute. 

Not done a scouting job before, do they frown on bringing the wife and kids with you?

As for footie manager haven’t played it since I was in my 20s and that’s a long time ago

We should know by now that the club is good at keeping deals secret until near completion. For example there were 2 weeks between initial Duran reports and completion. If a transfer rumour has been floating around for weeks or months and we haven't acted then it's most likely not going to happen. 

Edited by Made In Aston

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not if you consider that Marseille will need to buy a replacement.

If other teams know Marseille are going to sell one of their starting midfielders and will have a boost in money, those teams will ask for more for their player.  

This could be a way for Marseille to quietly find a replacement for Guendouzi.

This seems more likely

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Or…instead of reading hidden meanings into everything…maybe it’s just not happening!

6 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Is there any truth to the McKennie rumours? The papers seem to be going hard on that link. Apparently now he's 'desperate to join Spurs' 🤣 for some reason (aim a little higher Weston). Seriously though, I'm not to sure about this one.   

Seems he's not either, so be it. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

McKennie would be such a 'meh' signing. If we were signing anyone from Juventus, we should have got that Bentancur when we had the chance. 

We didn't have the chance, he turned us down and signed for Spurs.

• Like 2