January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Marseille signed Guendouzi for 9 mil just 6 months ago..... and Villa now prepared to pay a x4 for him. 
Why didnt we just sign Guendouzi for 9 million last July? Now why not look for the next  Guendouzi instead of paying him x4 in the summer transfer. 

Villa just falling into old traps.
Warren Buffet needs to replace Purslow and Lange for me

Edited by messi11

47 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

On this occasion if they overpay they overpay  because they underpaid on Kamara .if we can end up wirh 2 x 23 year old French international midfielders in our engine room for a net of say 40 mill then i aint complaining.

Well we already have a 23 year old French International and a 24 year old Brazilian International in the engine room for a net £15m so we are doing ok already 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, messi11 said:

Marseille signed Guendouzi for 9 mil just 6 months ago..... and Villa now prepared to pay a x4 for him. 
Why didnt we just sign Guendouzi for 9 million last July? Now why not look for the next  Guendouzi instead of paying him x4 in the summer transfer. 

Pretty sure Marseille had a buy option in the loan agreement, guendouzis stock was fairly low when he went there initially hence the low price I believe and why we wouldn’t have been able to get involved even if we had wanted to (which with gerrard in charge at the time I doubt anyway)

Edited by The Inspiration
Typo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just been brough tto my attention that Deuolofuou ( Or however it's spelt ) liked the Club post about Moreno signing.

I think they were at Barcelona together for a short while

• Like 1

5 hours ago, messi11 said:

As @The Inspirationsaid. Marseille loaned him with an option to buy. They decided to trigger it, so nothing we could do a year ago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some reserve from Hoffenheim for 30 million or so. Has a poorer goalscoring record than Wes

They only signed one player this january, and thats a defender called Wöber from RB Salzburg (shocker, I know).

They are linked to Rutter (?) or something

1 minute ago, MentalM said:

They only signed one player this january, and thats a defender called Wöber from RB Salzburg (shocker, I know).

They are linked to Rutter (?) or something

Yeah Rutter is the one for 30 million but its still highly rumoured which is enough for some fans to get panicky 😂

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Danjuma would be such a poor signing. I really hope he goes to Everton

I really wasn’t that impressed with him at Bournemouth. Not sure he’s near the quality we need to properly progress. 

Bring in Guendouzi and uefolueD and I think that’s a solid window. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really wasn’t that impressed with him at Bournemouth. Not sure he’s near the quality we need to properly progress. 

That’s how I feel about Guendouzi but I think we just have to trust Emery.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bring in Guendouzi and uefolueD and I think that’s a solid window. 

I’m not sure it does.  We need a forward winger but left back and centre midfield wasn’t a priority for upgrade but I’m always happy to improve of course if that turns out to be the case.  Not sure I would say it’s a solid window.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure it does.  We need a forward winger but left back and centre midfield wasn’t a priority for upgrade but I’m always happy to improve of course if that turns out to be the case.  Not sure I would say it’s a solid window.

The weird part about Guendouzi is that his most played positions are offensive midfield / winger this season... I always thought he was a standard CM

34 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s a good January window. There won’t be a total revamp midseason for lots of reasons. 

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

He's been at Marseille since July 2021.

Even if we had bought him last year, Arsenal would not have sold us to him for that low a price.  Marseille got that low price because there is a sell on clause.