January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t see Ings as our starting striker, I don’t think he offered much against Stevenage 

6 goals in 8 PL games worth of minutes. Only Haaland, Mitrovic, Toney and Kane have a better ratio. 

Lets not be hasty in getting rid eh?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The bottom formation is how it would look when we have possession.  The same as when we are defending the formation changes to a 6-2-2.

Ohh i didnt see the bottom one (formation)  😂 apologies guys

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, burchy said:

For strikers I’d like us to take a punt on an up and coming 20 something. 

Someone like Brobbey at Ajax, Ljubicic at LASK, Junior Adamu or Karim Konate at Salzburg. We’re due some luck, ala Benteke, with a forward.

Ramos at Benfica would be great but not sure we’d be able to secure him. 

A young one and a more established forward would be my preference though, Thuram if we could get him. We could then entertain offers for Ings.

Just get the guy who's at Genk now

19 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

6 goals in 8 PL games worth of minutes. Only Haaland, Mitrovic, Toney and Kane have a better ratio. 

Lets not be hasty in getting rid eh?

Not that I necessarily want to get rid, I really rate him and he offers something completely different to Ollie. I just don’t know if he suits how well try to play going forward and if he’ll be happy as a sub  

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Not that I necessarily want to get rid, I really rate him and he offers something completely different to Ollie. I just don’t know if he suits how well try to play going forward and if he’ll be happy as a sub  

We play slower, technical, intricate, pressing play under Emery, that sounds like Ings to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We play slower, technical, intricate, pressing play under Emery, that sounds like Ings to me.

not quite right though tbh.

We play slower, tenchical, intricate play in our own half with the intention of drawing out the opposition team and breaking the press, once this is done an Emery team then would progress the ball swiftly in to the opposition half via pace and skill (ie: Pino/Danjuma types), so its more of possession play in our own half to draw the opposition out, followed by quick break/transition play once gaps start to appear further up the field.

this is why i think Ramsey will suit Emery, but also why he likes Moreno (carries the ball at pace), and also wants a pacey forward to help with breaking their press.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not quite right though tbh.

We play slower, tenchical, intricate play in our own half with the intention of drawing out the opposition team and breaking the press, once this is done an Emery team then would progress the ball swiftly in to the opposition half via pace and skill (ie: Pino/Danjuma types), so its more of possession play in our own half to draw the opposition out, followed by quick break/transition play once gaps start to appear further up the field.

this is why i think Ramsey will suit Emery, but also why he likes Moreno (carries the ball at pace), and also wants a pacey forward to help with breaking their press.

While I agree, it’s not massive pace though going like some teams.  It’s not they need a Haaland type.  Ings is more than enough for the slower intricate play when we are in the opposition half and when the quicker break from our half he has more than enough to be in the right place like his goal against Wolves.

39 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If Danjuma is available and we are interested.  Surely, he'd pick re-uniting with Emery over a relegation battle with Everton.

My feeling is maybe Emery would prefer a different player. But if the first choice isn't available he'd take Danjuma. So one which might drag on during the window before falling into place

This was just posted on Facebook by one of the Villa guys : ( Dont know the source )

" Galatasaray are reported to have given up hope of landing Moussa Dembele this month amid whispers he is set to join Aston Villa.

Lyon are open to offers with Alexandre Lacazette now the main striker but most of the rumoured interest has come from Turkey, with clubs in the big European leagues seemingly reluctant."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Brace yourself a for lazy journos linking him here because of Emery.

They'd have a point though.

Currently looks like we're signing two of his previous players. Links with a third.

Embarrassing/non-existent scouting network.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Currently looks like we're signing two of his previous players. Links with a third.

Who are the two? Moreno is about to sign who never played for Emery, and the only other solid link is Guendouzi. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Is this true though? Moreno isn’t one of his previous, and guendouzi yes but this was years ago and he’s become a really good player who fits his team. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who are the two? Moreno is about to sign who never played for Emery, and the only other solid link is Guendouzi. 

You're absolutely right, Moreno hasn't played for him. Me getting excited.

I would be stunned if he isn't a hand-picked signing by Emery though.

I like Moreno, I think he'd be a good signing. I like Guendouzi, I think he'd be a good signing.

The point is our strategy is non-existent. It's just allowing a manager free-reign which is very frequently a bad idea.

It's why we're stuck with Digne and Coutinho.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I like Moreno, I think he'd be a good signing. I like Guendouzi, I think he'd be a good signing.

The point is our strategy is non-existent. It's just allowing a manager free-reign which is very frequently a bad idea.

How else is a manager supposed to create a squad that fits his style if not by signing players he knows would fit the system?

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We have to trust Emery though; he's built title winning teams in the past.