January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

For strikers I’d like us to take a punt on an up and coming 20 something. 

Someone like Brobbey at Ajax, Ljubicic at LASK, Junior Adamu or Karim Konate at Salzburg. We’re due some luck, ala Benteke, with a forward.

Ramos at Benfica would be great but not sure we’d be able to secure him. 

A young one and a more established forward would be my preference though, Thuram if we could get him. We could then entertain offers for Ings.

Its natural to first hear links of players you find that are not your cup of tea but in due course you have to warm yourself to the idea and jump on board eventually, none of the current links excite me or give me any enthusiasm but ill have to force the optimism. Tricking my head into saying Kang-In be the next Son Heung-Min helps. 😆

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was 21 when he left Arsenal 😂

What was Grealish doing at 21 for example

I guess so but it was that game against us which left a bad taste in my mouth… i wanted to drag him out the tv screen 😭

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

For strikers I’d like us to take a punt on an up and coming 20 something. 

Someone like Brobbey at Ajax, Ljubicic at LASK, Junior Adamu or Karim Konate at Salzburg. We’re due some luck, ala Benteke, with a forward.

Ramos at Benfica would be great but not sure we’d be able to secure him. 

A young one and a more established forward would be my preference though, Thuram if we could get him. We could then entertain offers for Ings.

You seem to have good knowledge and able to scour talent , ramos is certainly on the list for me. Thuram im not keen on just having that calvert lewin of a season or so ago run of form but he isnt all that 

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Extremely close to joining Forest in the summer Moreno was , i would have preferred if that were a spurs or chelsea makes it feel more like a coup. 

Sure that's who nearly signed Bailey before we did

33 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

So far: 

Moreno - £13.5m

Guendouzi - £25m - £35m (if it goes through)

So potentially £48m on two potential first team players, I wonder how much we’ll spend on a forward? Assuming it’s Danjuma it’s reported that Everton have offered a loan to buy for him, I wonder if we would offer the same if we are in for him?

I'll swallow it because we have a top manager who obviously wants them but I am less than impressed.

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

You seem to have good knowledge and able to scour talent , ramos is certainly on the list for me. Thuram im not keen on just having that calvert lewin of a season or so ago run of form but he isnt all that 

Thuram ideally would be your second choice striker. Ramos might be something special..... might not.

It's the sort of gamble a club like ours takes if it wants to sign a world class striker, I've no idea if he is the real deal.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

if we got Guendouzi, and when Carlos is fit, "and" we add a new wide/inside forward/shadow striker type, i could honestly see this:

Base formation:

image.png.7342a6f4bd0ff3fec8e01ac7dd72f5bf.png

Going Forward:

image.png.b4a61f5886298a0604632ca1655c4d36.png

this is roughly how Emery played at Villerreal.

That would be very predictable with a lack of play down the right

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

This looks ridiculous we’d lose 8-0 everytime 😭😭

Eh???? In what way is that side not solid as a rock?

He even has a CB at RB to add extra Gareth Southgate levels of security when in/out of possession. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Eh???? In what way is that side not solid as a rock?

He even has a CB at RB to add extra Gareth Southgate levels of security when in/out of possession. 

I assume all English people hate formations without at least 3 right backs?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

This looks ridiculous we’d lose 8-0 everytime 😭😭

The bottom formation is how it would look when we have possession.  The same as when we are defending the formation changes to a 6-2-2.

Edited by duke313