January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

19 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Nothing to do with our recruitment team. 

The problem is the turnover of managers. Gerrard wanted Digne who now doesn't fit Emery's system. Chelsea and Man Utd have been doing the same thing for years and years and years. Manager signs preferred player for their system, manager gets sacked, manager changes, system changes, new manager requires new players to fit new system. Repeat. 

I think we can all agree that Emery is the first coach we've had in over a decade who truly deserves a chance at bringing in his own players to suit his system though. 

Yeah but chelsea and united will finish around the top four places no point comparing to them but he didnt even work for gerrard either 😂

Guendouzi oh god no 😕 couldn’t stand him at arsenal, mischievous and highly erratic, it didnt work out for him and he got sent back to france no thanks… NEXT 👉🏽 … surely there are others and im not even keen on mckennie either 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Guendouzi oh god no 😕 couldn’t stand him at arsenal, mischievous and highly erratic, it didnt work out for him and he got sent back to france no thanks… NEXT 👉🏽 … surely there are others and im not even keen on mckennie either 

Lol... how long ago was he at Arsenal?

From everything i've read, he has come on immensely since then, and also has a relationship with Emery + Kamara.

Think i'm going to side with the experts on this one, if true.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

- Moreno

- Guendouzi

- Lee kang-In

- Danjuma

I think that would be an exciting Jan window.

Need new CB + Backup Keeper but I think thats too much of a stretch for Jan.

New CB, RB, ST, Backup Keeper in the Summer

Nah mediocre at best feel like our targets are currently fourth class we need to aim for players in that second class tier. Ones that are linked with the spurs and Chelsea's like Kamara was. Not exactly that but you get the drift.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol... how long ago was he at Arsenal?

From everything i've read, he has come on immensely since then, and also has a relationship with Emery + Kamara.

Think i'm going to side with the experts on this one, if true.

His attitude and crazyness is what i dont like about him the most tbh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Nah mediocre at best feel like our targets are currently fourth class we need to aim for players in that second class tier. Ones that are linked with the spurs and Chelsea's like Kamara was. Not exactly that but you get the drift.

Why stop at second class, and not go all the way to first class?

• Haha 1

I remember one game specifically  he played against us with the gunners in our first season back up … he was infuriating me so much oh my days i wanted to kill him 😠 he was infuriating me so much, a proper wind-up merchant he got to me that day.  

Wee bit concerned that we're not being linked with many strikers. 

After the last few weeks this seems to be a pretty high priority. There are barn doors all across the country laughing at our exploits.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

I remember one game specifically  he played against us with the gunners in our first season back up … he was infuriating me so much oh my days i wanted to kill him 😠 he was infuriating me so much, a proper wind-up merchant he got to me that day.  

Seems just the type of player we need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Now imagine him doing that to every other team except Villa.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd love us to take a punt on Paul Onuachu. 

Scoring goals for fun for Genk and would be a completely different option for us. Digne would actually get a few assists with this guy playing :D 

I like the sound of that 

17 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I mean this is it for me. We're not far off if we hit the right formula. As the Brighton, Spurs and Man U results and performances prove.

We do though have around 20 outfield players who are all of a similar level and are almost interchangeable to some extent. We dont have any outright stars who are first on the team sheet. Kamara and Luiz are possibly our closest to that right now.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I mean this is it for me. We're not far off if we hit the right formula. As the Brighton, Spurs and Man U results and performances prove.

We do though have around 20 outfield players who are all of a similar level and are almost interchangeable to some extent. We dont have any outright stars who are first on the team sheet. Kamara and Luiz are possibly our closest to that right now.

Martinez also. Although there is zero competition for that spot.

Guendouzi, Moreno, Lee Kang-In would still be a great January window for me (based on the most linked names). I'd like more...a striker and maybe another winger, but for a January that's still some good going.

Fundamentally, we can't sign more than 3 players unless we offload at least as many. We need to ship some people out the door.

If we can move on 2 or 3 people registered in our 25, and add another winger or a striker to that list of 3, it's more than I could hope for in a January.

Normally I'd be against wholesale turnover, but having seen the dross delivered against stevenage, and the fact Emery will have such demands that I think a lot of our current crop will struggle with, I think a big change is needed to shift the confidence issues we have.

• Like 1

I am just hoping we turn into Black Bulls in Black Clover (yes, I should probably stop with my anime references in here), a bunch of misfits and failures doing well. Bring in Guendouzi, bring in Dembele, bring them all in to defeat the opponents.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Shouldn't we be in with a shout for Thuram again?  Can't see Chelsea going for him now they have Joao Felix on loan for the remainder of the season, and have a deal in place for Nkunku in summer.

I'm sure we wouldn't say no, but I think he might. He will have an awful lot of choice and only a limited amount of clubs will offer him the sort of salary that may tempt him to join them. He may prefer to wait until the summer too.