January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

8 hours ago, TRO said:

We haven't got that situation ....and our record for headed goals in the Prem' since 2019 leaves us 16th in a knocked up/formulated league.....Liverpool being the best.

Liverpool are strange, they do score a lot of headed goals, but they do it without a traditional number nine for the most part - the likes of Diego Jota and Andy Robertson are heading those goals in - I think it probably says a lot about the quality and the volume of balls they put into the box.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Liverpool are strange, they do score a lot of headed goals, but they do it without a traditional number nine for the most part - the likes of Diego Jota and Andy Robertson are heading those goals in - I think it probably says a lot about the quality and the volume of balls they put into the box.

Yeah, they do.....be interesting to see what happens on Monday.

I think Sadio Mane contributed, quite a few too...but now gone.

but all the top teams in the Premier League, feature near the top, of this personally constructed Headers league table....with a few exceptions like Everton and Burnley, who feature strongly, Burnley of course who are now out of the league.

my point is....when you look back, to the No9'S we have had, I think we are missing out on a valuable contribution source.

Most of the struggling  and relegated  teams are featured near the bottom, as a contrast of the point...bearing in mind my study was  over 2019/20....2020/2021....2021/2022 & 2022/23 seasons to date.

Its just my opinion....but I think its significant....and I would like to see us sign a player to help us with this.

i think we will get one, and a winger to feed one.

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And the movement is exceptional. I remember Owen scoring a very good header against us for Newcastle - all about movement, timing and as you mentioned the quality of the ball. 

We (Cash especially) try and assault the fullbacks with rubbish crossing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

And the movement is exceptional. I remember Owen scoring a very good header against us for Newcastle - all about movement, timing and as you mentioned the quality of the ball. 

We (Cash especially) try and assault the fullbacks with rubbish crossing.

They love sneaking in at the back post, for free headers.

back on topic.....

I would like to see another defensive full back coming in, but I don't think it will be this window, unless the current ones can stop the crosses.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Love the comments on that, most people saying ‘it’s Xmas have a day off’ 

So posting on Twitter that someone should have a day off after he posted on Twitter. 

People 🤣

Never saw enough of him to know if his form fell off a cliff or if he was never that good in the first place

But he'd be 3rd or 4th choice for us, he's not very good

Surprised atletico want him but then with his physicality and shithousery he probably fits there

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Never saw enough of him to know if his form fell off a cliff or if he was never that good in the first place

But he'd be 3rd or 4th choice for us, he's not very good

Surprised atletico want him but then with his physicality and shithousery he probably fits there

He comes across as one of them all action but headless type of defenders that look awesome in the right game but if watch him a lot you can see big flaws

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He comes across as one of them all action but headless type of defenders that look awesome in the right game but if watch him a lot you can see big flaws

Yeah that's where I am with him too

He was 3rd choice at Leicester for most of last season too

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that's where I am with him too

He was 3rd choice at Leicester for most of last season too

Pretty sure he had a major injury and since then he’s been a bit average? I could be wrong about the injury.

• Like 1

Whether you choose to believe this account or not (I do), I thought we might be after Gakpo under Emery. Didn't think we had any chance of signing Fernandez though, especially considering he only moved to Benfica six months ago.

According to some Spanish site I’ve never heard of,

Aston Villa have opened talks with Villarreal over a deal for Netherlands winger Arnaut Danjuma. 

Link 

Según la información que manejamos en TodoFichajes el Aston Villa ha retomado las negociaciones con el Villarreal para intentar cerrar la incorporación de Arnaut Danjuma. A su llegada a Birmingham Unai Emery pidió la llegada de un nuevo delantero y su antiguo subordinado es una de sus opciones favoritas.