January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

7 hours ago, useless said:

We're being linked with Ewan Otoo, apparently a versatile defender from Celtic's B team, and Fabio Miretti, young midfielder from Juventus.

Good read up on him, and considering how financially screwed Juve are cannot be discounted, though highly unlikely… 
https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/profiling-fabio-miretti-juventus-best-academy-talent/

There’s so much to like about Miretti’s game both in and out of possession. Off the ball, he is a rugged, combative defensive player that presses with intensity and closes spaces quickly, always looking for interceptions to kick-start transition opportunities in attack.

With possession, he is a press-resistant, creative and damaging player that can play across a number of roles. Deep in midfield he can be that press-resistant, line-breaking ball carrier that helps his team beat the first line of the press. He can also play a box-to-box role, using his industrious qualities as a ball-winner, while also being given license to be aggressive going forward. Or he can play as a pure number ten, where his creativity, dribbling and excellent ball-striking technique all come to the fore.

The biggest weakness in Miretti’s game is his eagerness to force the play a little bit too much; he loves to be aggressive and direct, but he needs to be more aware of his team’s structure ahead of the ball when doing so.

Lets go for De Paul. If we sign all of Messi's pals, we might be able to get him here. 

Give Augero a job as a matchday steward to seal the deal. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Didn't Oblak sign a new contact until 2028? Where is all this talk of him leaving coming from?

It’s mainly coming from click-bait journalists. We should pay no attention to this IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

We have to be really careful, that we don't sign players, no better than what we already have.....its easy to do now.

They are ALL better, when they don't play for us....when they get here, it's sometimes a rude awakening....How often has that happened, over the years?

Im hoping the fact that emery has worked with him and other players he has worked with that, that hopwfully wont be a issue

• Like 1

We lost 2-0 in a bcd friendly with Everton today. We also failed to score against Villarreal, got 1 v Chelsea B team and 1 plus an own goal v Brighton. So two goals out of open play in 4 friendlies.

Someone who can find the back of the net must be a priority.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

We lost 2-0 in a bcd friendly with Everton today. We also failed to score against Villarreal, got 1 v Chelsea B team and 1 plus an own goal v Brighton. So two goals out of open play in 4 friendlies.

Whilst I don't disagree that finding a new  consistent striker would be very nice, I would add, for balance, that we have scored seven goals in the first three games under Emery. 

Friendlies are for fitness, I wouldn't read too much in to them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

We definitely can’t go next season with Watkins as our main striker. Ings could do a job but short term. Saying that, I don’t think it’s easy to get the right upgrade on them this winter. We need Kamara’s quality of signings. To find those easier during summer.

We need to build our team carefully, and add the right qualities. We can have depth by giving chances to some of our youngsters. Also to sell who we don’t see having a future here while have a good value in the market. Someone like El Ghazi could’ve got us a good return if we sold him the right time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We definitely can’t go next season with Watkins as our main striker. Ings could do a job but short term. Saying that, I don’t think it’s easy to get the right upgrade on them this winter. We need Kamara’s quality of signings. To find those easier during summer.

We need to build our team carefully, and add the right qualities. We can have depth by giving chances to some of our youngsters. Also to sell who we don’t see having a future here while have a good value in the market. Someone like El Ghazi could’ve got us a good return if we sold him the right time.

I agree. I think its time we moved on to higher quality players than watkins. Watkins is ok of you want to be a average to staying up team. He has got worse every season thats gone on

• Like 1

I think we're just missing that big physical centre forward to lead the line and who can play with Ings who will play as second striker the role he's best at and Watkins who can run the left channel if we have Bailey attacking from the right of Midfield.

We have two forwards who just need to be allowed excel in their best roles by playing with the right CF partner 

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Either can i. Wouldnt be suprised if he ends up back at brentford with toney looking at big ban

Brentford fan in the Brentford thread be happy with that. Rates Ollie higher than Toney

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Like who and that are realistic

I wont say tammy as we know where that convo will go 😂

Muriqi,  terem moffi who looks good from loreint, jonathan david who looks a striker with real potential 

At home trossard and moreno at leeds look top players. Moreno should be  a bigger club than leeds

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wont say tammy as we know where that convo will go 😂

Muriqi,  terem moffi who looks good from loreint, jonathan david who looks a striker with real potential 

At home trossard and moreno at leeds look top players. Moreno should be  a bigger club than leeds

A 31 year old who has scored fewer goals than Watkins in the Premier League after signing at the same time.

David would cost about 50 million and didnt look better than Ollie at the World Cup. 

Muriqi was a huge flop in Italy and also has a shitter record than Ollie

Trossard isnt a striker and Moffi again hasnt done anything amazing

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

A 31 year old who has scored fewer goals than Watkins in the Premier League after signing at the same time.

David would cost about 50 million and didnt look better than Ollie at the World Cup. 

Ok then watkins is awesome then 😂

Just because muriqi flopped in taly doesnt mean he would flop here. Depay flopped in england and is  a star since he left  doesnt work like that.

You asked me to name  striker and david we dont know its going to cost 50m. I think thats harsh as that Canadian team wasn't very good and he looked decent.

Moffi has more goals than watkins this season.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok then watkins is awesome then 😂

Just because muriqi flopped in taly doesnt mean he would flop here. Depay flopped in england and is  a star since he left  doesnt work like that.

You asked me to name  striker and david we dont know its going to cost 50m. I think thats harsh as that Canadian team wasn't very good and he looked decent.

Moffi has more goals than watkins this season.

Canada had the most shots in the group and scored 1 goal from a Canadian player

If we sold Watkins and replaced with Muriqi it would be as bad as Benteke for Gestede. His record except this season has been nothing special anywhere else

Watkins isnt great but the idea everybody is better is farcical because they are a shiny new toy😂

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

All the links I can find for David price him at about 40m pounds. I think that's a good price for him tbh.