January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am not opposed to The Joao Felix interest, but too many tricky players, spook me a bit, on the basis of easy to negate.....I have never studied his play, so can't really comment.

but I would like another powerful midfielder, as an example, who would have thought a midfield 3 of Rice-Bellingham and Henderson, would have proved so successful in the last round.

Most would say before the game, lack of creativity, but it wasn't to be.

I would love to sign a Bellingham type.....a commanding Authority in the middle.

Everyone wants a Bellingham, will go on to become the complete midfielder at this development rate. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Manchester United lead transfer race for £86m Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix - Paper Round - Eurosport

This article links him to Man Utd with a price of £86m, I cannot see us getting anywhere near that price tag, unless it is some player exchange deal like Luiz or Martinez + £40m or something like that.

I wouldn't want to get anywhere near that price tag....too risky.

I don't think UE is going to build the team, in a way some think, its not going to be swashbuckling and all Gungho......Its going to be measured and in pursuit of winning football, which may mean, a bit more defensive/controlled than some envisage

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Everyone wants a Bellingham, will go on to become the complete midfielder at this development rate. 

Another Duncan Edwards for me.

The signs were there, 2 seasons ago, but as you say, his development has been phenomenal.

Its more to do with the TYPE of player he is, he will be the most sought after player, after the World cup.....he's already possibly our best player at 19.....jaw dropping.

He has everything in a complete midfielder......I am not saying as good as, but even a player close to his style, would be nifty.

I hope we sign an Authority, like that.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Another Duncan Edwards for me.

The signs were there, 2 seasons ago, but as you say, his development has been phenomenal.

Its more to do with the TYPE of player he is, he will be the most sought after player, after the World cup.....he's already possibly our best player at 19.....jaw dropping.

He has everything in a complete midfielder......I am not saying as good as, but even a player close to his style, would be nifty.

Hope he goes Real Madrid or Barca

14 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

We have got Ramsey, who is a poor man's Bellingham atm. If Ramsey can improve his weaker areas then he can have a similar impact for us. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not opposed to The Joao Felix interest, but too many tricky players, spook me a bit, on the basis of easy to negate.....I have never studied his play, so can't really comment.

but I would like another powerful midfielder, as an example, who would have thought a midfield 3 of Rice-Bellingham and Henderson, would have proved so successful in the last round.

Most would say before the game, lack of creativity, but it wasn't to be.

I would love to sign a Bellingham type.....a commanding Authority in the middle.

We need to get rid of a few midfielders before we should think about signing another one. add to the fact that A Ramsey & Tim are also coming back next year. Without any outgoings, that's 9 senior midfield players for 2 or 3 spots. 

• Like 2

I'd rather, if we are making that sort of money available, splash the cash on improving the overall squad. 

Sign 2, possibly 3, players that will add needed depth. I'm sure for £25mill a pop we could upgrade in numerous positions. 

Other clubs have proved you can be shrewd, especially in the European Market. We seem to be getting on that wagon now, Kamara was a hell of a signing & I think Bailey could prove to be too. 

Also, I'd take a punt on Embolo. He's a powerhouse, almost a better version of Keinan Davis, and a player that probably would come here and not kick off if he's not playing every game. 

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Why? I'd rather he play in the Prem where we can watch him every week. 

We are aiming for the top 6. The fewer top players they sign the better especially a player who will never join us

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are aiming for the top 6. The fewer top players they sign the better especially a player who will never join us

Good point. 👍 

Unless he joins us!

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I

Also, I'd take a punt on Embolo. He's a powerhouse, almost a better version of Keinan Davis, and a player that probably would come here and not kick off if he's not playing every game. 

Embolo would be our 3rd choice striker, 4th if we continue to play Bailey up top

A Swiss David Healy

This " ridiculous" link seems to be growing legs.

I think it was always eventually in the pipeline to start going " big " on one or 2 every year now as opposed to churning the same way.

Now we've got the Manager, I reckon Nassef will start to flex muscles.

Think we underestimate his strength as well.

Surely we have at least 4 - 5 disposable players we could get rid of which makes this look less dodgy. ( If at all ) ?

We can then start promoting the creme of the youth as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN