January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

The ever reliable football insider claims we are after pau torres. Not gonna get excited as this is a site that has been rpoven to make things up.

Be a brilliant signing though and this is the calibre of level we should be looking at

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The ever reliable football insider claims we are after pau torres. Not gonna get excited as this is a site that has been rpoven to make things up.

Be a brilliant signing though and this is the calibre of level we should be looking at

And so it begins. Let’s keep a list of all “insider claims”, from all sources, and then compare the list to the reality after the window closes. Should provide a few laughs and embarrass some.

On 01/11/2022 at 18:08, paul514 said:

McGinn is a good player in the right system with the right role.

It won't take Emery long to work out what to do with the squad.

He'll probably think McGinn is one of the groundsmen taking the piss, or somebodies cousin that nobody has the heart to kick out.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

He'll probably think McGinn is one of the groundsmen taking the piss, or somebodies cousin that nobody has the heart to kick out.

wait until he picks him in the starting 11 at the weekend.......

Perhaps not all for January but for me LW is a priority so would like one of Gakpo, Kvaratskhelia or Mudryk (in that order). If rumours of Pino are correct then him RW with Bailey covering either flank. 

Think we should sell McGinn and replace him with Orkan Kokcu. 

Would be happy with Pau Torres but would like us to go for Evan N’Dicka personally. 

How about Marcus Thuram as a CF as well while we’re at it. 

LW/RW would be where most of our budget would go as Kokcu and Thuram wouldn’t be massively expensive pick ups.

Sell/release

Steer, Guilbert, Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, Davis, Wesley

Potentially sell/release (if decent offer received)

Olsen, Young, Mings, Konsa, Chambers, McGinn, Coutinho, Bidace, Ings. I’d keep Watkins for his work rate. 

Edited by burchy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, burchy said:

Perhaps not all for January but for me LW is a priority so would like one of Gakpo, Kvaratskhelia or Mudryk (in that order). If rumours of Pino are correct then him RW with Bailey covering either flank. 

There's no way we sign Kvaratskhelia. Napoli to Villa? No chance. 
And the way Gakpo and Murdryk have been performing there no way we can sign them either now. I know Mudryk was close to moving to Brentford in the summer and Gakpo to Southampton. Bet they gutted they didn't get the deals done.

We should of got on them in the summer. We've missed a chance now!
We need to just copy what Brentford, Brighton, Arsenal and Southampton are doing in the transfer market. Dont even need scouts, If they make a bid we make a bid! 

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Who would have thought that an actual football manager might like the odd winger in their squad 🤣

Gakpo really would have been perfect and given the clubs that were apparently close to getting him in the summer it might have even been realistic. Seems that ship has sailed now with the form he's carried into this season and the clubs he's now getting linked to off the back of it.

That kind of profile of player is necessary regardless, any quality added also needs to bring physicality and athleticism to the side that is largely missing. I suppose Sarr was along those lines but I feel like Villa can do better.

I personally think Gakpo is gettable, will cost us though and smash our transfer record. I think he’d suit the premier league though, good set piece delivery too. 

Kvaratskhelia not so much, would love him here though. Might be for the best as the shop lettering department would have a heart attack. 

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’m happy if we get two world class players: first Pau Torres, and then end Jaden Philogene’s loan.

I’m torn on Torres, can’t say I’ve watched too much of him but his YouTube vids (I know) seem to have a lot of Mingsesque turns inside, which you can’t get away with here.