Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

I'd take any European competition at this stage. I keep saying the next game will tell us where we are at as a team and we just keep winning. However, so many other things have to go for us for us to get anything better than Conference. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The perfect table doesn’t exi-

36EBA950-42A5-4747-8DC8-3B57BD45AE41.jpeg

Drop Liverpool to 8th and I'm happy. 

The excitement of those magical European nights at Anfield is too much to handle. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Drop Liverpool to 8th and I'm happy. 

The excitement of those magical European nights at Anfield is too much to handle. 

Or even better, get them to 7th - let's see how magical it is against FC Pyunik of Armenia on a cold wet Thursday night. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Could be good to see Liverpool in the Conference League though, spending Thursdays in Armenia and Moldova.

To be fair last season the Moldovan champions Sheriff Tiraspol beat Real Madrid at home in the CL 🤣

I still reckon we’ll drop off in form a bit and end up in 8th. And some here will be disappointed with that 😅

Has anyone seen an updated super computer analysis since the weekend?

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

I still reckon we’ll drop off in form a bit and end up in 8th. And some here will be disappointed with that 😅

Has anyone seen an updated super computer analysis since the weekend?

computer-says-no.gif

6 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

My only gripe of the Europa conference, look how it's affecting West Hams season.

I'm all for 5th 6th and 8th. 

You know you have to play on a Thursday night in the Europa League as well?

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You know you have to play on a Thursday night in the Europa League as well?

Yeah but it's like competing in the nations league rather than in the Euros. No one cares. No prize money, no sponsorship pull, players don't care. Why tire our players for it 

47 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Or even better, get them to 7th - let's see how magical it is against FC Pyunik of Armenia on a cold wet Thursday night. 

Isn't this what a decent end to the season could result in for us?!

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Yeah but it's like competing in the nations league rather than in the Euros. No one cares. No prize money, no sponsorship pull, players don't care. Why tire our players for it 

There is prize money, and winning the Europa Conference gets you a seeded spot in the following seasons Europa League.  Why wouldn't the players care?  You don't think Mings or McGinn who've never played in Europe wouldn't care?

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

Isn't this what a decent end to the season could result in for us?!

It is and I'd be very happy with an Armenian trip - but for the BBC/SkySports/BT the great Liverpool are too worthy for such nonsense. 

• Like 1