Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still think Brighton and Liverpool will finish above us, but I also think Spurs may drop out of it all together. This would mean a 7th place finish which would be an incredible achievement. 

I'll still be gutted we didn't make the Europa League though!

Next two games are massive. Win both and we can actually afford to lose a couple towards the end of the season. 

The next two games and wolves are must win games

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

So it thinks we can’t beat any team above us or sky6 teams? We only win 2 of the next 7 on our current form?

The Liverpool predictions are all over the place….drawing with Leicester and Leeds, losing to West Ham but beating Spurs and us.

Weird!

They aren't exact results as suggested by FiveThirtyEight. They have worked on an average expected points from the probabilites they've calculated for each result. Eg they have Liverpool getting 18 points for remainder of season, but the site actually has them as favourites for every single remaining game. The lowest win probabilty they have is West Ham away at 50%. So I've had to judge where they are more likely to drop the 9 points they are expected to somewhere, and have the other teams' predicted final tallies work as well. (I've just edited it to change the Brentford and Southampton results around.

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Really no plus many have them figured out and nullified old threats

Have they, though? Bar the blip against Bournemouth, recent results have been largely as you’d expect. They’ve beaten Newcastle away, hammered Man Utd at home, looked good coming back against Arsenal.

Can’t help but feel their decline is being somewhat exaggerated. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Have they, though? Bar the blip against Bournemouth, recent results have been largely as you’d expect. They’ve beaten Newcastle away, hammered Man Utd at home, looked good coming back against Arsenal.

Can’t help but feel their decline is being somewhat exaggerated. 

3 away wins all season. What did they get last year, 12 or 13?

That's a huge drop off. Even in 20/21 (which was of course without any fans) they won 10 away games.

Hopefully that holds up in last few games. Leeds already won at Anfield this season so shouldn't have any psychological hold ups for tonight and West Ham will probably fancy getting home win v Liverpool based on what they did yesterday. DS needs to help us aswell. 

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Spurs to beat Newcastle best result for us?  I think it might be but it depends of our thoughts on making top 4 or top 6.

Yeah it's a tough one, there are so many points still to play for so our chances do not just rest on this one result...I'm thinking a draw would be best for Villa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Call me entitled or whatever. 

Conference is a crap competition. 

If we can't get europa or CL I'd rather finish 8th 

Conference would still be huge. For the players and the club considering we were 17th in October. And winner gets into the Europa as well and we’d probably be one of the favourites to win it. 8th and another season of potentially not making top 6? Give me 7th and the conference now any day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Conference would still be huge. For the players and the club considering we were 17th in October. And winner gets into the Europa as well and we’d probably be one of the favourites to win it. 8th and another season of potentially not making top 6? Give me 7th and the conference now any day. 

Conference is also good to keep Tim and Archer around next season.

49 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So it thinks we can’t beat any team above us or sky6 teams? We only win 2 of the next 7 on our current form?

The Liverpool predictions are all over the place….drawing with Leicester and Leeds, losing to West Ham but beating Spurs and us.

Weird!

In other words total shit. No way Manure get those returns with SEVEN fixtures in 18 days and crap defence 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah it's a tough one, there are so many points still to play for so our chances do not just rest on this one result...I'm thinking a draw would be best for Villa. 

Look who Newcastle have left to play, bottom half teams mostly. I don’t see us catching them

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Call me entitled or whatever. 

Conference is a crap competition. 

If we can't get europa or CL I'd rather finish 8th 

Even if you don't care about the competetion, mad to ignore the potential additional revenue, even if it doesn't compare to CL money. Likely to be far more than anything we'd get from domestic cups next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Look who Newcastle have left to play, bottom half teams mostly. I don’t see us catching them

So no use wanting Spurs to beat them. I want Spurs to drop out and us go ahead of them by the time we play and beat them

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Even if you don't care about the competetion, mad to ignore the potential additional revenue, even if it doesn't compare to CL money. Likely to be far more than anything we'd get from domestic cups next season.

The minimum a team would earn from the group stage to winning the final is €13,329,000, maximum of €15,190,000.

• Like 1

These prediction models are complete garbage. They probably use historical data and don't factor in recent form or how many fixtures teams have to play all comps. What's the bet model had us down for loss vs Chelsea and Newcastle

• Like 1

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

I think it's a cup we could feasibly win too. You look at who's in the last 8 this year and I don't think any of those sides would hold much fear for us. 

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

8th??

We have massive momentum. I have my sights on Newcastle and 4th.

6 points is absolutely doable. 

It is but we need some luck for 6th. We literally have to win most of our games and hope others drop points (liverpool brighton)

My point is if we finish 8th im  not ever criticising emery or the players what they ahvw done to turn it alround has been absolutely incredible- id argue its been as impressive as smith taking ua from midtable to 5th in our promotion year.

My final point no matter what happens emery ans thw boys are heroes for this season whether we get europe or not

• Like 1