Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

"Welcome Ismaïla Sarr! This way to the medical room! oh you have a gift and want to go and say "hi" to the coaching staff?

Err no they are busy with tactical stuff after the last game, maybe you shouldnt go in there..."

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Slips on tea Doris spilt by accident and does his ACL in the corridor on the way to the medical room.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I agree that we shouldn’t criticise a signing because of the manager.

What I would say though is that some of the criticism is because we don’t actually need him as much as other areas of the team. Most notably a CM and possibly a CB.

However, I’d much rather have Sarr in the squad than not as he can cause problems that most of our other players can’t.

"Useless" posted earlier that he expected us to sign a top CM in the next few days and I agree with him. All we need then is a dominant RCB and we've got a squad that any incoming manager can work with.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The reaction to this signing suggests to me that Villatalk has collectively lost its marbles.

Sarr is an excellent player by anyone’s standards and I am glad to see him join the squad.

It just seems like petulance to criticise the signing because you don’t like the manager.

I don't think many have criticised it. I think it's a great signing. Squad us stronger for it. 

I think it rightly raises questions about what the plan is or what we've been doing previously. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Absolutely nothing to worry about when our manager feels the need to rethink their playstyle 3 games into the season. The man's a joke, but you go down with the ship if you insist.

I'm not an unconditional Gerrard in -man  but VT members are collectively in panic mode. I hope our management isn't.

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’m curious to know what this call was from Gerrard that seemingly sealed the deal.

"Eeeeeeeehhhh.....course. I'll be out of a job in 3 weeks and there'll be a proper manager here"

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Out of interest, do people who've seen him play much think he's a noticeable upgrade on Traore? 

He's much quicker and sharper in the box than Traore. The number of  rebound and loose balls that he's first to with both feet ,are totally different from the mazy runs that prefaced a Traore strike.

Sarr looks more of a team player with two good feet. I was envious of Watford  having such a good speedy player when I watched him regularly a couple of seasons ago in the Premier League.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not getting the Traore comparisons.

What they have in common is being skillfull, black, and African. lol

Sarr is a much more powerful runner, fast, strong and dynamic.

Lol. Watching this he seems more straight line speed with strength. Traore is more lightweight and nimble. There’s us moving away from being “lightweight” then.

• Like 1

Â