Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I just can't get my head around the logic of this signing. 

Either we're about to completely change our style which makes the whole of pre-season a joke. Or we're signing a player for big money that has no role to play in our team. Either way, it makes little sense.

We're a circus, simple as that. 

This is the Ings signing all over again. "Oh shit, the fans aren't happy, buy someone, anyone". Purslow, the owners. They haven't got a **** clue what they're doing, it's just throw money at it, and when it fails, it's the fans who'll pick up the pieces of a broken club. 

• Like 1

I'm strangely relieved now that Percy has spoken.

It's not all about Ismaila though .... I asked my daughter to get me something alcoholic from Iceland when she went freezer shopping earlier, and she came back with a large jug of "Old Rosie"!

I can recommend it to all of you out there who are feeling 'Villa stress' !!!!!! UTV

• Haha 1

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

It's not all about Ismaila though .... I asked my daughter to get me something alcoholic from Iceland when she went freezer shopping earlier, and she came back with a large jug of "Old Rosie"!

I can recommend it to all of you out there who are feeling 'Villa stress' !!!!!! UTV

It's good shit but I'm surprised that you can still type

"Welcome Ismaïla Sarr! This way to the medical room! oh you have a gift and want to go and say "hi" to the coaching staff?

Err no they are busy with tactical stuff after the last game, maybe you shouldnt go in there..."

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Haha 2

The last winger we signed from Watford worked out okay.

Doesn't fit the way we have been playing, but we might be playing that way due to lack of options. Bailey and Traore were not Gerrard signings, and neither have looked top 10 quality.  Few moments of magic, but inconsistent and weak.

Hopeful on this one.

• Like 3

Just now, ejvilla said:

The last winger we signed from Watford worked out okay.

Doesn't fit the way we have been playing, but we might be playing that way due to lack of options. Bailey and Traore were not Gerrard signings, and neither have looked top 10 quality.  Few moments of magic, but inconsistent and weak.

Hopeful on this one.

Come on. 

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The reaction to this signing suggests to me that Villatalk has collectively lost its marbles.

Sarr is an excellent player by anyone’s standards and I am glad to see him join the squad.

It just seems like petulance to criticise the signing because you don’t like the manager.

I agree that we shouldn’t criticise a signing because of the manager.

What I would say though is that some of the criticism is because we don’t actually need him as much as other areas of the team. Most notably a CM and possibly a CB.

However, I’d much rather have Sarr in the squad than not as he can cause problems that most of our other players can’t.

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I feel sorry for the lad. It’s a big move for him and everyone’s just so underwhelmed and on a complete downer. I hope the fans get behind him.

Not everyone WF, my jug of Old Rosie and I welcome him unconditionally.

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Lol I got a bottle of Brennivin you can have.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

So where does Sarr fit in to the midfield? Genuine question as I don’t know much about his strengths 

In any normal team he'd be a right winger.

In our team I guess he'd play as a striker? or a 10? I don't even now what we try and do anymore really so... unsure. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

So where does Sarr fit in to the midfield? Genuine question as I don’t know much about his strengths 

He’s not a midfielder. He’s played across the front but his primarily a right winger. The same way Bailey is a right winger. No real clue how he’ll be used outside of rotation with Bailey. They could push Bailey to the left but that’s not his best position either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

An upgrade to Buendia or Bailey. Also a very good player to have long term.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Lots of people here calling panic.

I think it's VT that's panicing, not Gerrard.

Absolutely nothing to worry about when our manager feels the need to rethink their playstyle 3 games into the season. The man's a joke, but you go down with the ship if you insist.

Â