Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

“Liverpool have come back to us and we have responded to their proposal with a letter,’’ said the Villa manager yesterday. “We’re still waiting to hear back from Liverpool after putting that proposal to them.

“It’s really up to Liverpool. I really don’t know how it’s going to work out at the moment. I’m sure there will be some sort of resolution at some stage or another.”

What we know about the letter is that there was a letter. At no point in that statement does it say "Villa are willing to negotiate" ot that we are offering a "proposal". It says nothing of that nature at all.

See bold.

From where? That's not the quote from above.

“Liverpool have come back to us and we have responded to their proposal with a letter,’’ said the Villa manager yesterday. “We’re still waiting to hear back from Liverpool after putting that proposal to them.

“It’s really up to Liverpool. I really don’t know how it’s going to work out at the moment. I’m sure there will be some sort of resolution at some stage or another.”

What we know about the letter is that there was a letter. At no point in that statement does it say "Villa are willing to negotiate" ot that we are offering a "proposal". It says nothing of that nature at all.

See bold.

From where? That's not the quote from above.

Err... I think it is.

My bad. I was thinking of the first section of the quote which you did not copy.

So, what was in the letter?

Also, a few ITKs are reporting the Keane deal as done (to be announced next week when spurs sign new striker apparently).

I cant see them having the cash for Keane AND Barry, without offloading Alonso.

It all be a stinking scouse scam to drive the prices down?!?!

I think it's a great idea of MON putting a deadline on this whole sorry Barry saga....it was allowed to mess up the end of our season

and why should LFC and their cut price bids be allowed to interfere with our pre season and signings plans??...

Personally I am sick and tired of it also.....We need a line drawing in the sand. ..surely Barry can't be very happy with the situation

also?

LFC you've got 48hours then Barry's not for sale ...full stop!

They do not have the money for both Keane and Barry.

The sale of Alonso was going to fund the bid for Barry. Now that has gone a little wrong.

How can MON Impose a deadline (not a dig - serious point)

If MON doesn't want to keep an unhappy barry - and they come up with the cash - late August - having already promised Barry he can leave - if liverpool match the fee - I really don't see what effectivley he can do - without repeating the whole charade again in January.

I reckon MON needs the funds - to finance other deals - hence the links - but no action so far

REDMAN, why do all the Liverpool fans blame us for releasing the story to the media in the first instance?

Reading the RAWK forum, I think we have mildly irritated some of your loyal fans.

Probably a case of believing what they want to. Benitez did claim it wasn't Liverpool who leaked the Barry interest to the Echo and chief reporter Tony Barrett backed this up on his blog. Highly dubious though.

They do not have the money for both Keane and Barry.

The sale of Alonso was going to fund the bid for Barry. Now that has gone a little wrong.

I don't think there is pressure on Benitez to sell Alonso before he can sign Keane and Barry but he would need to balance the books eventually, even as late as January if necessary.

The sporting life say that Walter Smith is trying to push through a deal for Steven Davis before tonight's champions league deadline

Liverpool are also having to go through the qualifying route , so does this deadline also apply to them ?

The regulations on registration are probably more complex than the EU Treaty but teams have several bites of the cherry.

Players have to be registered by midnight on 24 July for the 2nd qualifying round, 7 August for the third qualifying round and 1 September for all further matches from the first match in the group stage up to and including the final.

There is more to it for that but those are the key dates for the fat waiter and his crack team to keep in mind over the summer.

REDMAN, why do all the Liverpool fans blame us for releasing the story to the media in the first instance?

Reading the RAWK forum, I think we have mildly irritated some of your loyal fans.

Probably a case of believing what they want to. Benitez did claim it wasn't Liverpool who leaked the Barry interest to the Echo and chief reporter Tony Barrett backed this up on his blog. Highly dubious though.

Erm so am I really expected to believe that a gremlin at AVFC would release this information to a Liverpool paper...not the B'ham press mind.... a day before we play Wigan last home game of last season....a match that could have sealed us gaining 5th spot and automatic UEFA Cup Qualification???!!!!

Honestly whose purpose did it serve to leak this information??!!! Nice distraction from LFC losing to Chelsea in the SF of the CL 2 days before though!

If you asked my opinion, I would say that as things stand, Liverpool have walked away from the deal because of O'Neill's steadfast refusal to negotiate.

Have Bin Dippers FC walked away from the deal? ITK! ITK!

And once again, you refer to O'Neill's "steadfast refusal to negotiate". Bin Dippers FC know the price but so far have not matched it. Are you suggesting by "negotiating" you are referring to "lowering the asking price"?

And around the carousel we continue... :(

It's quite simple really....

If I walk into Next and pick up a skirt priced at £17.99 and then take it to till with a tenner in my hand...would I get the skirt??

If I add a £2 coin to the tenner would Next let me walk out the door with it??

Even If I swapped the £2 coin for a £5..would Next let me have it????!!

The only way I get the skirt I want is to add £3 pound coins to the £15....and hey presto I'm out the door with the skirt and 1p change!

see though Julie,the dippers dont know how to deal in money,they are a shower of pikey robbers you know..

I think the deal is dead unless Liverpool manage to offload Alonso.

I can see Barry staying now. Yeah.... it will never be the same but Barry is a bloody good player and a professional on the field. Its a shame as he has gone from a 'Mellberg/Mcgrath' status to a 'Baros' in a matter of months. His 10 years at villa park will never be celebrated as it should have been.

oh well... not sure where i'm going with this... all i know is that we still need a right back :lol:

I do think Barry will be proffesional enough to give 100% when ever he is selected. But MON always says he only wants players who want to play for the club.

If we don't sell him now, then come this time next year his valuation will drop 65-70% being in the last year of his contract.

I don't understand why Liverpool fans think Benitez has won the mind games after today's statement given by MON?

I suppose whatever makes them happy!

If they pull out, we have just gained a very good player, who looked seemingly on his way out. Only one winner there imo - Villa. I hope the lad stays. He's not one to cry imo, and he'll get on with it. The only way he will sulk is if Liverpool do have the money, and we are just refusing their bid.

I think the fact that Alonso doesn't seem to be attracting anyone at £15m (now Juve have pulled out) has alot to do with everything going quiet. Even if Liverpool lower their valuation of him, it doesn't make good business sesne - Example - sell Alonso for £11-12m and buy Barry for £18m. I don't think the Liverpool fans would welcome that one bit, and it would stink of a Steven Gerrard 'demanded' signing to me.

Jas it is more than that with Alonso there then there is no need whatsoever for Barry

and Rafa is to proud to call it off as he would be stuck with a 2nd chocie midfielder

if that is case no wonder we see a warming up of apparent relations

Â