Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

also saw this today on Roger Clarks column in the Mail, he seems to always have a go at us, the last line is so shit it is not true, hoever unbelivably in today's mail survey villa fans (30%) gave Barry player of the season !!!

Boo-boys are wrong and Gareth Barry right to seek a move

Jul 24 2008

NICE to see the Villa fans working so hard to change Gareth Barry’s mind about wanting to go to Liverpool.

Booing has always been a good motivational tool.

The lad has given Villa 10 years and now wants to pit himself against the best, cement an England place and give himself a chance of winning something.

Villa fans might not exactly have gone home by tram the last time their team won anything of note but only the tribal elders remember it and I suspect silver polish rarely appears on the company balance sheet.

If any Villa fan honestly believes Barry would have more chance of winning trophies if he stayed then let him cast the first boo, so to speak.

Liverpool will still be outsiders for every trophy but at least they will be in the frame. Just be grateful Barry came to Villa in the first place and stayed as long as he did because without him you might still have a Blues derby to look forward to.

Link

I don't understand why Liverpool fans think Benitez has won the mind games after today's statement given by MON?

I suppose whatever makes them happy!

its because they are clueless deluded chimps and cannot ever see anything their club do, as their fault...

it is our fault that they cannot afford him, it is our fault that gerrard begged barry to join them, and it is our fault that benitez waffled to the press about where barry would fit into their side and "problems when your captain wants to leave"..

well, you should know you fat muppett... wonder what this deal breaking down will do to gerrard after his very public begging for barry...

:lol:

I don't understand why Liverpool fans think Benitez has won the mind games after today's statement given by MON?

What "mind games"?????

Liverpool haven't offered anything like a reasonable amount for the player.........

Barry is in the same bracket as Mascherano, Carrick and Hargreaves. These went for around the £18 million mark, this is before the mega cash injection of this and forthcoming seasons.

Asking or expecting £18-20 million is completely appropriate and reasonable for Barry.

Offering anything less can only be viewed as derisory....... accepting anything less must only be viewed as foolhardy.

I can't understand people becoming comfortable with the idea of deals involving £XX million and player Y which come in significantly below the reasonable asking price.

I also can't see how this is some kind of managerial "stare off"...... the offer from Liverpool is a complete piss take and it seems the management and board at Villa can see this..... there's no waiting to see who flinches first.......... What would the response be if Liverpool came along and offered £3 million for Young - It's precisely the same.

Barry has been screwed over by Liverpool, Benny Tez, Gerrard and Alex Black and although he could have handled things a bit better I do feel a bit sorry for him. I think he's been terribly advised and if Liverpool actually wanted him they wouldn't have pissed around with pathetic "mish mash" offers.

It looks like Barry will stay and I would think there'll be some kind of PR initiative from the club helping Barry get back onside with the fans.

I hope this whole affair is a distant memory in a couple of seasons time.

It looks like Barry will stay and I would think there'll be some kind of PR initiative from the club helping Barry get back onside with the fans.

that really has to happen and was Tuesday the start ?

or are we just preparing the ground IF the transfer collapses ?

that really has to happen and was Tuesday the start ?

or are we just preparing the ground IF the transfer collapses ?

Option B Ian.

its because they are clueless deluded chimps and cannot ever see anything their club do, as their fault...

it is our fault that they cannot afford him, it is our fault that gerrard begged barry to join them, and it is our fault that benitez waffled to the press about where barry would fit into their side and "problems when your captain wants to leave"..

well, you should know you fat muppett... wonder what this deal breaking down will do to gerrard after his very public begging for barry...

What you have to realise is that for Liverpool, this has always been a win-win situation which is why Benitez allowed himself to become embroiled in it in the first place.

I know this is difficult to swallow but you have to be objective to understand that the worst that can happen for Liverpool is that they lose out on signing Barry and carry on as before, whereas one of the clubs aspiring to challenge Liverpool are left with a disillusioned captain.

You can talk about class and dignity and respect if you like and you'd have a point but recent history shows that these qualities don't win football matches and silverware.

Rightly or wrongly, a lot of Liverpool supporters have got the hump with O'Neill, as many Villa fans have with Benitez. All I think is that both men have acted in what they deem to be the best interests of their club. But now Benitez seems to have other prioriites while O'Neill is still busy trying to sort out the Barry mess, some reds choose to interpret this as a victory in the battle of wills between the two managers.

Let me apologise in advance for any offence this post may cause and Pablo - delusion isn't exclusive to Liverpool fans.

As a Villa fan living and working on Merseyside I have yet to meet a Red who is keen on signing Barry.

Your manager/club/Gerrard has made a great job of ****ing up our captain`s head.

I sincerely hope that Barry stays and puts all this behind him, Gerrard gets tapped up by a bigger club, ie Man Utd , you ****ers don`t win the Prem (again) and we finish above you.

Will it happen? probably not, but it would be fun.

Now I know why Evertonians think you lot are such ****holes.

Have a great weekend !!

As a Villa fan living and working on Merseyside I have yet to meet a Red who is keen on signing Barry.

Your manager/club/Gerrard has made a great job of ****ing up our captain`s head.

I sincerely hope that Barry stays and puts all this behind him, Gerrard gets tapped up by a bigger club, ie Man Utd , you ****ers don`t win the Prem (again) and we finish above you.

Will it happen? probably not, but it would be fun.

Now I know why Evertonians think you lot are such ****holes.

Have a great weekend !!

Can't say I blame you.

However, I don't think Liverpool can be accused of **** up Barry's head. As one of the most effective and consistent Premiership players and now an England regular, it's no surprise that he might want to play at a higher level if the opportunity arose.

My belief is that his head was **** up first and Liverpool are just one of several clubs who happen to be a position to take advantage.

Redman does your club have the money to sign Barry?

I don't know for sure but I'll tell you what I think.

To buy the likes of both Barry and Keane, Liverpool have to sell. If Barry signs, Alonso will leave but not necessarily immediately. I don't think Alonso staying would prevent the transfer from happening but the books would need to be balanced somehow sooner-or-later.

What you have to realise is that for Liverpool, this has always been a win-win situation which is why Benitez allowed himself to become embroiled in it in the first place.

I know this is difficult to swallow but you have to be objective to understand that the worst that can happen for Liverpool is that they lose out on signing Barry and carry on as before, whereas one of the clubs aspiring to challenge Liverpool are left with a disillusioned captain.

You can talk about class and dignity and respect if you like and you'd have a point but recent history shows that these qualities don't win football matches and silverware.

Rightly or wrongly, a lot of Liverpool supporters have got the hump with O'Neill, as many Villa fans have with Benitez. All I think is that both men have acted in what they deem to be the best interests of their club. But now Benitez seems to have other prioriites while O'Neill is still busy trying to sort out the Barry mess, some reds choose to interpret this as a victory in the battle of wills between the two managers.

Let me apologise in advance for any offence this post may cause and Pablo - delusion isn't exclusive to Liverpool fans.

The only "battle" that's occured between the two managers is who Gareth Barry plays for next season, and thus far there's only been one winner in that fight, Liverpool fans can claim whatever "victory" you want, but at the end of the day your club had ideas of pulling a fast one on us and have failed miserably, say your a "massive club" but when you've been pubically challenged to try and take one of our players you've failed to come up with the answers.

To buy the likes of both Barry and Keane, Liverpool have to sell. If Barry signs, Alonso will leave but not necessarily immediately. I don't think Alonso staying would prevent the transfer from happening but the books would need to be balanced somehow sooner-or-later.

I think you should just pay up to be honest not dick us about.

The only "battle" that's occured between the two managers is who Gareth Barry plays for next season, and thus far there's only been one winner in that fight, Liverpool fans can claim whatever "victory" you want, but at the end of the day your club had ideas of pulling a fast one on us and have failed miserably, say your a "massive club" but when you've been pubically challenged to try and take one of our players you've failed to come up with the answers.

That's another way of looking at it but there is still a good month before the window closes.

It interesting that even a good few neutrals I have heard on the radio are now questioning what Liverpool are playing at during this transfer window....not only with the Barry saga but also with other targets....They cannot understand the NEW Liverpool's unethical tactics and their lack of respect to other clubs.

That's another way of looking at it but there is still a good month before the window closes.

And you've had two months to get the deal done, as the Holte often sings, WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED.

You've got a point.

You've got a point.

It's nothing personal to you. It's just how your owners/Manager are acting.

Oh and another point about today's statement regarding Barry is that MON stated he'd rather see him stay because "Barry WILL be hard to replace..."

Therfore...press are you listening.... Sidwell clearly WASN'T a replacement for Barry...he was just an additional midfielder to Barry, NRC, Petrov, Gardner & Co

So IF Barry leaves he'll have to be replaced by someone else.

Â