Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

What you have to realise is that for Liverpool, this has always been a win-win situation which is why Benitez allowed himself to become embroiled in it in the first place.

This really isn't a win - win situation for Liverpool, regardless of how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.

You have, very publically, made Gareth Barry your number one summer transfer target.

If it doesnt happen, you look very siilly - and Steven Gerrard will probably consider his future.

What you have to realise is that for Liverpool, this has always been a win-win situation which is why Benitez allowed himself to become embroiled in it in the first place.

This really isn't a win - win situation for Liverpool, regardless of how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.

You have, very publically, made Gareth Barry your number one summer transfer target.

If it doesnt happen, you look very siilly - and Steven Gerrard will probably consider his future.

Couldnt agree more. I think it reflects poorly on Liverpool. Through whatever media you like they have made GB their number one target, and couldnt afford it. Will Mr Gerrard wonder at their lack of ambition

I know this is difficult to swallow but you have to be objective to understand that the worst that can happen for Liverpool is that they lose out on signing Barry and carry on as before, whereas one of the clubs aspiring to challenge Liverpool are left with a disillusioned captain.

You can talk about class and dignity and respect if you like and you'd have a point but recent history shows that these qualities don't win football matches and silverware.

Finally the truth will out!

This is the reason we've all got the hump.

You've acted like a bunch of words removed, everyone can see this - the press, the fans, TV.... everyone.

I hope you go **** bust, and disappear up your own deluded Kop End arsehole, you classless bunch of ****. Years of pride, tradition and respect gone. No doubt somebody else will be to blame and their affront will be celebrated by another **** minutes silence before kick off.

You now openly employ destabilising tactics and are quite clearly comfortable doing so..........

All part of Benny Tez's 5 year plan I suppose.

words removed!

Man Utd only need to win 2 more cups to overtake Liverpool as the most successful team in Europe.

Talk about swapping being stabbed with a falchion to being stabbed with a scimitar...

I think Liverpool will still end up buying him... but it won't be for less than 18m unless they throw some players our way as an exhange. It's not a win-win situation for Liverpool because we are not going to budge on that price. It'd only be win-win if Villa got to last day of the season, panicked and Liverpool snapped him up for half the price... which, I'm sorry Redman, isn't going to happen.

Liverpool aren't signing Gareth Barry, they are signing Steven Gerrard. With everything Gerrard has said about needing Barry and Barry being the only player to make sure Liverpool match his ambitions, Liverpool are gonna have to work bloody hard to keep him there if they fail to get GB.

Redman you seem to have a higher post count than most of the villa fans, are you sure your not slowly moving over to the claret and blue side?

I've always respected Villa - not sure why. You are a proper football club. I'm not for turning though.

That doesn't ring true though because if he was the number one target, we would have just met the asking price and got the whole matter sorted by now.

Nor does it ring true that we can't afford to meet the asking price - Benitez just signed another kid today for £1.5m that could have gone towards the Barry fund.

I know this is difficult to swallow but you have to be objective to understand that the worst that can happen for Liverpool is that they lose out on signing Barry and carry on as before, whereas one of the clubs aspiring to challenge Liverpool are left with a disillusioned captain.

You can talk about class and dignity and respect if you like and you'd have a point but recent history shows that these qualities don't win football matches and silverware.

Finally the truth will out!

This is the reason we've all got the hump.

You've acted like a bunch of words removed, everyone can see this - the press, the fans, TV.... everyone.

I hope you go **** bust, and disappear up your own deluded Kop End arsehole, you classless bunch of ****. Years of pride, tradition and respect gone. No doubt somebody else will be to blame and their affront will be celebrated by another **** minutes silence before kick off.

You now openly employ destabilising tactics and are quite clearly comfortable doing so..........

All part of Benny Tez's 5 year plan I suppose.

words removed!

I won't deny we've acted like a bunch of words removed but 6 months down the road, we'll be acting like a bunch of words removed to another club just like Real Madrid, Man U, Chelsea etc... will be and Barrygate will be a distant memory to everybody but those associated with Aston Villa.

I used to take the moral highground too when the Mancs went corporate, when Manchester United PLC went public and when Peter Kenyon removed the words "football club" from the crest. Since then, they've gone from strength to strength while Liverpool have pretty much stood still.

I don't like it but I'm getting used to the idea that if you want to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs.

Can i just say that after having some time to calm down about the Gareth Barry saga i am starting to think he has not done much wrong bar from let us fans and Mon down.

The interview he gave to the news of the world kind of mirrored a lot of what i have read an various villa fan sites.

Now we can be mad at him asking to leave but remember, he also said if we were in the CL he would not think about leaving, and the one thing we can all agree on is that unless some big things happen over the next few weeks we are not going to gat anywhere near the top 4. He's been a bit of a clearing in the woods,but if he ends up staying, rather than be predictable and getting on his back, let just make sure he knows we want him here. I get the feeling that Mon is looking for a way of keeping him, otherwise he would have done a deal by now.

Some of you will slate me saying how can i want to keep a player who says he does not want to be here. Well i say your right in a way, but maybe we should be trying to make him see just what he's asked to leave behind. As i say to my missus allthe time you get futher with honey than vinegar.

Can somebody give me a clue which profanity is replaced by "clearing in the woods"?

A four letter word beginning with 'C' and rhyming with hunt.

Oh - I thought that was replaced by "word removed".

Can somebody give me a clue which profanity is replaced by "clearing in the woods"?

A four letter word beginning with 'C' and rhyming with hunt.

Oh - I thought that was replaced by "word removed".

You're right redman. People here don't know their own site...

Clearing in the woods is Try Waiting After Tuesday

Edit: I could be wrong though. Lets try it out.

I think clearing in the woods translates to clearing in the woods

Edit2: I'm right

Oh and one more thing about GB, i think Mon was totally unprepared and gobsmaked when Barry said he wanted to go. He realy underestimated what effect the influence of the england squad would have on barry.

Like i say looking at our team i can see why barry thinks its is time to move on, and a lot of what he said in that NOTW article has been expressed by a lot of fans on the various villa websites. It was his disregard for mon and saying that there was no way back which has annoyed us all. But i bet you all mon would forget it all tomorrow if he said he wanted to stay.

Â