Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

11 hours ago, a-k said:

Yep. I've just gone up by one point in my mini league. Need a big score from BB 

The goal of GW 25ish to 30ish was to make huge gains. I di make a lot of gains last week (about 250k places) but the other weeks have been fairly flat.

If next gameweek doesn't deliver I'd consider this period a failure.

Top 500k is in sight though. I'm around 700k now. Which will turn this absolute disaster of a season into something remotely respectable

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The goal of GW 25ish to 30ish was to make huge gains. I di make a lot of gains last week (about 250k places) but the other weeks have been fairly flat.

If next gameweek doesn't deliver I'd consider this period a failure.

Top 500k is in sight though. I'm around 700k now. Which will turn this absolute disaster of a season into something remotely respectable

top 500k was my target at the start of the season as this year is the first where i've taken it seriously and actually learnt how to play the game. last year i got around 550k and that was with doing loads of things that i now know to be idiotic.

next GW will make things interesting. i should have 14 DGW players + haaland

annoyingly ward being dropped means i'm going to need to change GK for a hit

43 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

top 500k was my target at the start of the season as this year is the first where i've taken it seriously and actually learnt how to play the game. last year i got around 550k and that was with doing loads of things that i now know to be idiotic.

next GW will make things interesting. i should have 14 DGW players + haaland

annoyingly ward being dropped means i'm going to need to change GK for a hit

Yep I should have 13 doublers plus Kane and Saka (sold Haaland this week)

Hoping it pays off

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I hate this game yet I really miss it when it's not on

I find this especially when you've had an average or bad week. You can't wait for the next one to put it right!

If you've had an absolute monster then the break doesn't matter as much because you can revel in your success :D 

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You can tell Villa's fortunes have improved because I actually have two of our players now.

since i brought mings 4 GWs ago he's scored me 7, 8, 2 (bloody west ham game) and 12. become a bit of a bonus point magnet as so much build up play goes through him  so i guess he gets points for passes

villa players always used to let me down but he's been a revelation

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i was set up nicely for the DGW and looks like reece james is injured again

One of the worst players in the game to own.

He's like Mahrez. Absolute gold if you happen to have him at exactly the right time. But most of the time he'll let you down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I'm free hitting next week. Can't decide whether to go all double gamers or put Haaland and Saka in too as insurance. 

it's a big week. 2 games are absolutely better than one but on the other hand a shit player with a DGW is still a shit player. i've kept haaland personally

originally my transfer was just going to be odegaard to fernandes. now i need to change ward because he's lost his place, plus whether james is fit or not. i've gone from being well set up and just using my free transfer to now potentially needing a -8

I've sold Haaland. But it's Haaland. He could easily get a hattrick

My moves were going to be Gabriel and Odegaard to Shaw and Bruno. But that would mean losing Kane to get Haaland back.
If I either get Martinez instead of shaw, or sell Saka instead of Odegaard then I can sell Toney to get Haaland back. So that's my decision

Time to prepare for the DGW. Kane, Martinelli, Saka and Zinchenko are my only SGW players and two of them will be transferred out. Martinelli is cheaper and has a very similar output to Saka, plus I'd lose .3m on him so I think he's safe.

I was planning to free hit GW32 but if I avoid going overboard on Utd/Brighton players I can get 11 out that week and save the free hit for DGW34 where I can get triple Pool, City, Utd. Anyone else doing this?

38 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Time to prepare for the DGW. Kane, Martinelli, Saka and Zinchenko are my only SGW players and two of them will be transferred out. Martinelli is cheaper and has a very similar output to Saka, plus I'd lose .3m on him so I think he's safe.

I was planning to free hit GW32 but if I avoid going overboard on Utd/Brighton players I can get 11 out that week and save the free hit for DGW34 where I can get triple Pool, City, Utd. Anyone else doing this?

thing is that it's not just this DGW. man u have 2 nice fixtures in 30 and 31 so you'd think most folks will have at least 2 utd players but probably 3, meaning you're taking a risk by not having many. looking at my plans for the coming weeks i don't think it's too difficult to have a decent team for GW34 without a free hit so i'm sticking to my plan of free hit in 32. plus i won't have any arsenal for the next few and means i can triple up on their GW32 game vs southampton at home.

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

I've a mate doing that but navigating 32 means I'm sub-optimal for every other week in the run up and beyond. So I'll build towards 34 with my current squad and FH 32. It makes more sense for me, but I get the appeal of 34. I just think you can't look at that 1 week in isolation.  Over that 5 or 6 week stretch I reckon I out-score many teams who will FH 34.

On 27/03/2023 at 20:24, Stevo985 said:

I've sold Haaland. But it's Haaland. He could easily get a hattrick

My moves were going to be Gabriel and Odegaard to Shaw and Bruno. But that would mean losing Kane to get Haaland back.
If I either get Martinez instead of shaw, or sell Saka instead of Odegaard then I can sell Toney to get Haaland back. So that's my decision

This is still my plan.

It will give me 13 players with a double plus Kane and Saka/Odegaard. Pretty happy with that.

BB will be active. Hoping for a monster!

On 29/03/2023 at 20:54, tomav84 said:

haaland a major doubt apparently

genuinely rethinking my BB now

Haaland starting and Kane on bench who will come on if Haaland doesn't play.

Only other single game weeker in my starting 11 is Saka.

Pep proper shit-housing in the conference, in that his assessment of Haaland is way more positive than I think many expected. So positive that I think many will hold onto him now. Scenes when he doesn't play.