Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

On 13/09/2022 at 13:15, Stevo985 said:

I’m now quite annoyed that lots of people are wildcarding. It’ll remove any advantage I may have gained from a slightly earlier wildcard

As someone who wildcarded at the same time as you, quite frankly its a pain in the arse given the fixtures. I was wildcarding for one reason, now I'm having to take two different circumstances into account. I'm resigned to the fact I'm going to have a shit week this week as I need to build my team to take me though to the WC

37 minutes ago, BOF said:

But both of your wildcards have rolled over into this week anyway, so surely you're OK.

Oh I'm ok. I would have wildcarded anyway given the cancellations. They would have been the trigger.

What i meant was I felt I was wildcarding earlier than most people and was hoping I'd get an advantage by making some moves other people wouldn't have done yet.

But now with last week being postponed and some of this week being postponed, millions of people are wildcarding, and there will likely be a wildcard template. So any advantage I would have gained from an earlyish wildcard has gone.

It's totally moot, as even if I hadn't played it I'd have been triggered into it now. But it still annoys me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh I'm ok. I would have wildcarded anyway given the cancellations. They would have been the trigger.

What i meant was I felt I was wildcarding earlier than most people and was hoping I'd get an advantage by making some moves other people wouldn't have done yet.

But now with last week being postponed and some of this week being postponed, millions of people are wildcarding, and there will likely be a wildcard template. So any advantage I would have gained from an earlyish wildcard has gone.

It's totally moot, as even if I hadn't played it I'd have been triggered into it now. But it still annoys me

Yeah fair enough. And yeah I think there's a shift in template and many will be doing it at the same time.  At least there does seem to be many more plausible options now too.

Just now, BOF said:

Yeah fair enough. And yeah I think there's a shift in template and many will be doing it at the same time.  At least there does seem to be many more plausible options now too.

I'm leaning towards a Kane/Haaland/KDB threemium to stay slightly different.

Lots of people jumping on Son. I'll be so annoyed when eh starts hauling and everyone has him

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm leaning towards a Kane/Haaland/KDB threemium to stay slightly different.

Lots of people jumping on Son. I'll be so annoyed when eh starts hauling and everyone has him

I'm currently not on Son. I'm on KDB. That may change over the week.

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

the liverpool v chelsea game getting postponed has massively moved the goalposts, not to mention people don't want too many arsenal and city players due to the GW12 postponement. the template has kinda been torn up which can only be a good thing. i can see the kane/haaland/mitrovic attack being popular though

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the liverpool v chelsea game getting postponed has massively moved the goalposts, not to mention people don't want too many arsenal and city players due to the GW12 postponement. the template has kinda been torn up which can only be a good thing. i can see the kane/haaland/mitrovic attack being popular though

That's my attack at the moment. Requires sacrifices if you want to keep a midfield premium as well though. With KDB in there I currently have zero liverpool players. Which feels odd

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's my attack at the moment. Requires sacrifices if you want to keep a midfield premium as well though. With KDB in there I currently have zero liverpool players. Which feels odd

i'm on son over KDB. and same here re: liverpool. even more weird is seeing 2 villa shirts in my starting 11...it was 3 at one point but had to get pope in there vs bournemouth

Got to 11 playing with my 2 FTs. Decent enough team but not spectacular. Will save my WC (probably for the break) whilst I figure out what to do with players like Rashford who I'd only recently brought in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Got to 11 playing with my 2 FTs. Decent enough team but not spectacular. Will save my WC (probably for the break) whilst I figure out what to do with players like Rashford who I'd only recently brought in. 

Yeah if you can get to 10 or 11 playing with FTs this weekend I’d definitely be saving the wildcard

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah if you can get to 10 or 11 playing with FTs this weekend I’d definitely be saving the wildcard

Far from a great team but it'll do for now. Tempted to wildcard to get ahead of any price rises and stuff but don't have time to actually think about it this week and the break will give plenty of time to tinker (which is half the fun). 

18 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm currently not on Son. I'm on KDB. That may change over the week.

so i've got son...but now doubting myself and wondering if he's 3.6m better than kulusevski.

edit: son is out, maddison is in which means i can afford KDB with 1m in the bank meaning i have a route to salah for GW12

Edited by tomav84

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so i've got son...but now doubting myself and wondering if he's 3.6m better than kulusevski.

edit: son is out, maddison is in which means i can afford KDB with 1m in the bank meaning i have a route to salah for GW12

So now you're the same as me 😛

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

160,000+ people using a free hit on a week with 3 less fixtures than normal

thanks to anyone who did this 

I know someone who has already used his wildcard and his free hit before GW7. He's not very good at FPL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I know someone who has already used his wildcard and his free hit before GW7. He's not very good at FPL.

I know someone who used their WC in GW2. Not because they wanted to attack the fixtures in GW1 but because they checked their team while drunk and woke up with a - 16. Far from the first time he's done this too. 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I know someone who used their WC in GW2. Not because they wanted to attack the fixtures in GW1 but because they checked their team while drunk and woke up with a - 16. Far from the first time he's done this too. 

Oh man that's a mare. I do try and keep drunk BOF away from my fantasy team and for the most part he manages.

Had planned to wildcard during the international break but may have to do it now and burn two free transfers. Will have a look.

edit: went for it, could’ve got to 10 players without a hit (wasn’t going to take a hit a week before the wildcard) but that included Ward and Williams. Just have to hope the international break passes without injuries to my players!

Edited by chappy

One FT left and really struggling to decide who to bring in just for the GW (WC next GW). MF or DEF of any price (except MCI as I've already got 3 of them). Planning to move Neto to the bench. Not sure...Kulu/Son, Perisic, Targett/Schär...or punts on Almiron, Paqueta, JWP.

And no, haven't decided on the armband yet either 😃

image.thumb.png.fdc0ebb9d97325fd095ef08cc20ceb07.png